TDI settings for Cache hunting?

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hi everyone, I am trying to find a cache of coins but unfortunately the grounds are very mineralized with tons of hot rocks!! I bought a Detech SSP 5100 Pi machine and it works great unfortunately I am dealing with high grass, no I can't mow it down because of the location. I'm still learning the machine but trying to find other options, I currently own a Whites TDI and would anyone have a program that they can share to help me cut out the hot rocks? I'm still trying to learn and figure out the machine but need like a starting point where I can set it and then make small adjustments. I need it to be in an all metal mode but NOT pick up the hot rocks. Any help will be much appreciated! Has anyone used the TDI for cache hunting? Thanks...

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cannot run the TDI in all metal and reject hot rocks. Won't do it. You have to be in one of the GB modes. Then, just GB on the hot rocks and hunt. If you have a variety of hot rocks then GB on the highest one and set the mode to High Conductivity, which will blank out the lower hot rocks. It will also blank out low conductors like foil.

OP
OP
M

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
You cannot run the TDI in all metal and reject hot rocks. Won't do it. You have to be in one of the GB modes. Then, just GB on the hot rocks and hunt. If you have a variety of hot rocks then GB on the highest one and set the mode to High Conductivity, which will blank out the lower hot rocks. It will also blank out low conductors like foil.
Thank you for the help!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread