Tea Anyone?

mtpokit

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First time out with a borrowed Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200. Detecting around our 100 year old house pulled up the usual assortment of nails, tabs, tops and foil until I learned how to discriminate. I got bored, so I decided to head into the woods a little ways away from where "dump" piles might be, just to see. First I found a hunk of iron plate, probably off a tractor. Then I got a large area Zinc signal and after pulling up the leaf and fern litter, I dug about 2-3 inches to find this teapot. Not sure of the metal, bends easily and still has some shine after initial cleaning. I think I'm hooked. Finds 002.jpgFinds 001.jpg

Upvote 2
I bet that really gave off a good signal. Pretty neat find!

That is a groovy old tea kettle! I drink lots of hot tea daily and would definitely feel thrilled to find that. Have fun discovering other old treasures near your home! Andi

Thanks! It's feels good to be a part of this historic collective community. Be well.

Very cool Find!
I have many old pewter handles & spouts, but never as compete an example as yours.
keep those finds coming :hello:

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, here in PA we have two months of the year..."mud", and, "more mud", so it makes separating difficult. Anyway, the buried stuff isn't going anywhere...5 acres to go...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back