Teak dining table info & help needed

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teak dining table info & help needed

:icon_scratch: I have this table that I need to find some information on. It is teak and says made in Denmark on the bottom. It has a ceramic inlay that appears to be original but I can find no other like it. Here are a few pictures. Any help on value or history of the table would be greatly appreciated. I know this is not our standard treasure related question but figured that if anyone could get me an answer it would be T-Netters. Thanks to all in advance.

Attachments

• Teak Table from Denmark 006.jpg
    Teak Table from Denmark 006.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Teak Table from Denmark 004.jpg
    Teak Table from Denmark 004.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Teak Table from Denmark 010.jpg
    Teak Table from Denmark 010.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Teak Table from Denmark 012.jpg
    Teak Table from Denmark 012.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 188

KonaKustoms

Mar 7, 2010
St. Charles, Mo.
Detector(s) used
None Yet but looking for a scuba unit!
Re: Teak dining table info & help needed

Looks to be the 129th table made by a builder there, I have sailed the oceans and have seen alot of nice wood work on boats, did ya ask the person ya got the boat from if they checked it at customs? There is a record there to research! it appears to be not connected to your vessel, how did you get the piece? was it with the boat ? Looks nice!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Lord knows. Apparantly made for English speakers (Else it would say "Danmark").

Skagerak does a LOT of teak work in Denmark, but I didn't spot anything similar in their current offerings. Nice piece, obviously not designed for sea duty as it has no fiddles or means to clamp it to the canin sole.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Nice looking table done in the danish modern style. The inlay appeares to be either ceramic tyle or the rarer enameled tyles, that is glass on ceramic tyles .
I did enameling years ago. As the style indicates it is a farely recent piece. I am not up on the pricing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread