Tears were the payment !!!!!!

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At docs waiting for the doctor to talk to the wife behind my back im sure as she said she had to go back in and use the bathroom. While outside of this new complex I pulled out a inexpensive MD Ive decided to keep in my holster (cargo area of my jeep) because i hear over and over from you guys that you travel all the time with light inexpensive gear to pull out and kill time. I decided to put the lil 250 in the back of jeep and use it at times like that. I started at the woods and found a old school ring.

Of course I gave it to my kid ( a 27 year old man who does research for me) and he actually located the original owner.We talked to a elderly lady and she explained yes her husband had lost such a ring. I took it to her home and rung the bell and it was short of a shack in disrepair (I plan to send the mens fellowship group over to tidy up and do a few little jobs).

Well the little ole lady screamed meanly when answering and I said to myself Oh no Im in for a ride now. Her daughter came out from behind her at the door and said NO MA this is the man that called for the ring. The lady looked at me with the most mean horrid face you could imagine thinking I was a soliciter of some type and I did not say a word and I handed her the ring in a small rag I had.

The lady went to total tears and tried to talk and could not and she sat down on the stoop almost falling. She managed to get a partial sound out and it was just a jest for a louder cry and she walked into the home and sat in a chair by the door to gain her composure and I guess give me the story behind the ring and talk.

The daughter said quickly and quietly that whatever I wanted to take what she offered and the daughter would give me more later without her mother knowing and they had searched for it for many years and that her mother had very little ,since her husband of 55 years just passed a month ago and it was his ring. the daughter also explained they had lost the ring at a Carnival on their first date they ever had. I took that in for a second and said excuse me for 1 second I had to go and turn off the car and give me time to keep my own composure.

Of course i got into the car and left asap as the tears were more than payment enough for me and it took me about 20 minuets to gain my own composure to tell my own wife of 25 years what had just happened from this definite grandmother figure that was at her end.That being of course before she also cried . Now I am not ADMITTING I cried nor denying it but all I can say is that the Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes and Tears can be the best payment at times . TRUE STORY

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the story! You made that grieving woman very happy.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best story to date. Now she has completion in her story. And a good memory came back around at the right time.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great story and post. Thanks

HH RN

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing and for doing a good deed! You definitely made her day, her week, her month and made her grief a little more bearable with the return of the ring.

Frank

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Foxtrot; Welcome to the real World of Metal Detecting. Because of your kindness and the story behind it I say that We ALL should Vote for Honorable Mention here. This DESERVES it. Thanks Foxtrot for a Job well done. God Bless You & Yours. My Vote is in now. PEACE:RONB :occasion14:

What say ye Folks ???

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
:weee:

Vote is in.

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious what I did to myself now . What is the vote thing and should I have any concerns ? Thanks all for your great comments Its wonderful that in the day and time others understand things as we do.

:weee:

Vote is in.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious what I did to myself now . What is the vote thing and should I have any concerns ? Thanks all for your great comments Its wonderful that in the day and time others understand things as we do.

... I say that We ALL should Vote for Honorable Mention here. This DESERVES it. Thanks Foxtrot for a Job well done. God Bless You & Yours. My Vote is in now. ...

Voting to get you an Honorable Mention. If you get it, it will be a tag on your profile kind of like the "Banner Finds" one on relic nut above.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No greater love... :notworthy:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful story! You know that woman just got the confirmation she needed that her husband is still there for her, in spirit.
My vote is in.

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that is a good thing. Thanks everyone so much

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Foxtrot; It like a Badge of Honor that placed on your Profile beneath your name. If you are Voted for BANNER your story and picture of you with the find will be placed at the Top of the TNet Page which is also another Honor ok. To Vote for either one you simply click on the little red button that says "NOMINATE BANNER" then just type in which Honor your Voting for and why. Also copy that Threads Link in red at the top left of that Threads page and Paste it into your Vote Messege ok. EASY. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job.... You ought to be very proud of yourself buddy. You did a very good thing... thanks, Brad

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Was going to skip reading this thread because of tears in the description. Glad I didn't. It's all good. I bet the men's fellowship group is composed of men like your self, kind, honest and caring. I also know you didn't post it for any kind of praise, but to share something special. I'm not sure if it was about you that the wife went back in to speak to the doctor about, thus I wish you both good health .

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We should be all proud of # 1 and his son. I hope that the woman get help in cleaning her house.

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I did not expect such a responce and am glad people have humanity still in their hearts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread