Tejon or Cortes

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I recently had your same dilemma but ended up getting the Cortes. If you are most interested in coin/jewelry I think the target ID will be more helpful. I have been hunting with the narrow notch on and discrimination between iron and foil. When I get a repeatable signal I use the sum and my treasure trash ratio is getting better all of the time. Lots of nickels too. The more familiar you get with the TID numbers and signal strength the better you will like it. But I am sure you can find a lot of coins with the Tejon too. I figure now that I have the Cortes they will make a Tejon with TID. But I am happy with purchase. Good luck deciding.

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
ID or no ID..... that is the question. The Tejon is deeper and a great machine but so is the Cortes although not as deep but has target
ID HMMMM Good luck with your decision!!!!!
Greg

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Peak190 said:
I cant decide on which one to get Tejon or Cortes? I have had a Deleon and liked it alot but i want to upgrade. I hunt coins and jewllery. HH

I went from the DeLeon to the Nautilus IIB and back to the Tejon.

I love the Tejon and it's deep. For the best depth you need an adjustable ground balance machine.

I think the Cortes ground balances in all-metal mode but not discrimination mode where you'll do most of your hunting.

In our soil my DeLeon got 6 inches on a buried dime and my Tejon gets 9 inches easy.

Badger

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both superior machines - the question is: Do you want TID?

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Michigan Badger said:
I went from the DeLeon to the Nautilus IIB and back to the Tejon.

What happened with the Nautilus Badger? I must have missed the change over. Didn't you have the Tejon before you got the IIBA ? I thought you were very happy with the Naughty and it was outperforming the Tejon? I almost thought about getting a Naughty, but decided my Tejon was good enough for my neck of the woods and stuck with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread