Tejon problems

delta4861

Greenie
Jun 28, 2011
Yazoo City,Ms
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
So i have a used tejon i just got the 12x10 coil for it, i try to set the ground balance like the instructions said and i cant find a place in my yard that doesnt have metal? it just beeps all the time and i know there are empty spots in the yard. I just swing it and it beeps and chirps all the time. It is driving me crazy. It does hit in my test garden but with all the beeps and chirps i feel like i am missing faint signals. Any body help please.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A change in temperature can make it act like that. Set the machine outside for a good 20 minutes or so to let the electronics reach outside temperature. Then fire it up and run it. The Tejon is a sensitive beast. An indicator of a temperature difference is that you're threshold hum will have a pulsating sound instead of a steady hum. Another thing that can make the detector chirp a lot is electric lines nearby. Especially with a bigger coil. If it still gives you problems try taking it to an open field away from any power lines. I recently bought a 12x10 for my Tejon and I love it. I haven't taken it off since.

-Swartzie

OP
OP
delta4861

delta4861

Greenie
Jun 28, 2011
Yazoo City,Ms
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
It was the temp, i left it outside for 20min and ran like a charm.I do have overhead powerline but they dont seem to bother it.
Thanks for the help

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
delta4861 said:
It was the temp, i left it outside for 20min and ran like a charm.I do have overhead powerline but they dont seem to bother it.
Thanks for the help

:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: Tejon Rocks!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions