Tejon?

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
Its a excellent relic machine with dual discrimination and manual ground balance. Plus a lifetime warranty. Did you tell whoever you bought it from what you were going to use it for? Or did they even ask? But it is an excellent machine.

OP
OP
Froggie

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
allanw23 said:
Its a excellent relic machine with dual discrimination and manual ground balance. Plus a lifetime warranty. Did you tell whoever you bought it from what you were going to use it for? Or did they even ask? But it is an excellent machine.

Yes I did, plus I did a lot of research before I picked this one.
I'm right in the middle of CW country (Fredericksburg VA) so I plan on doing mostly relic hunting.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using aTejon for almost two years now. I have been very happy with mine. I mostly look for old coins. I have found coins missed by many other top of the line detectors at sites I had long given up on. It takes some getting used to, but it is a great detector.

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
You didn't make a mistake. I have been using detectors since 1970. I have owned the Relco, Whites; Fisher; King Cobra; Teknetics; Garrett; Minelab to name a few. Right now I have both the Minelab Explorer II and the Tejon. When my Explorer I conked out last year I quickly bought a Tejon from Dixie Metal Detectors. The price was right and it was highly recommended by the owner. I took the Tejon back to my Civil war site and found over 100 minnies; eight half dimes and dimes, all pre 1864; knapsack hooks; spoons; buttons, to name a few. The depth was incredible and ease of use fantastic. The dual discriminators work fine, better than a meter. I just set the main discriminator on iron, and the second higher, (forgot the setting, sorry). When I get a target I flip the toggle forward and it goes into the second discriminator, if the target is still there I did it and it is good. When I replaced my Minelab late last Summer I was in a real hurry to get back to my site and hunt it and get all the deep targets. I was surprised when I didn't hardly find anything at all. The Tejon had cleaned the field out. Pluses are lightweight; very easy to learn; great depth; accurate discrimination; lifetime warranty and price. This detector is half the price and as good as the Minelab. Negative are poorly designed battery compartments; location of headphone jack (I'm a leftie and my the jack is on the bottom of the detector on left side), and that's it. Took the detector out today to one of my favorite Missouri spots, same field I wiped out last year and found one button; one .69 and one 1854 "o" dime in great condition. The dime was in an area littered with nails. I had hunted it many times and today caught the target and the coin. You will not be sorry for purchasing the Tejon. By the way, Travel channel had a show on metal detecting civil war sites this past week, the organizer of the three day hunt was using a Tejon, so that does say something.

OP
OP
Froggie

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
jhettel said:
You didn't make a mistake. I have been using detectors since 1970. I have owned the Relco, Whites; Fisher; King Cobra; Teknetics; Garrett; Minelab to name a few. Right now I have both the Minelab Explorer II and the Tejon. When my Explorer I conked out last year I quickly bought a Tejon from Dixie Metal Detectors. The price was right and it was highly recommended by the owner. I took the Tejon back to my Civil war site and found over 100 minnies; eight half dimes and dimes, all pre 1864; knapsack hooks; spoons; buttons, to name a few. The depth was incredible and ease of use fantastic. The dual discriminators work fine, better than a meter. I just set the main discriminator on iron, and the second higher, (forgot the setting, sorry). When I get a target I flip the toggle forward and it goes into the second discriminator, if the target is still there I did it and it is good. When I replaced my Minelab late last Summer I was in a real hurry to get back to my site and hunt it and get all the deep targets. I was surprised when I didn't hardly find anything at all. The Tejon had cleaned the field out. Pluses are lightweight; very easy to learn; great depth; accurate discrimination; lifetime warranty and price. This detector is half the price and as good as the Minelab. Negative are poorly designed battery compartments; location of headphone jack (I'm a leftie and my the jack is on the bottom of the detector on left side), and that's it. Took the detector out today to one of my favorite Missouri spots, same field I wiped out last year and found one button; one .69 and one 1854 "o" dime in great condition. The dime was in an area littered with nails. I had hunted it many times and today caught the target and the coin. You will not be sorry for purchasing the Tejon. By the way, Travel channel had a show on metal detecting civil war sites this past week, the organizer of the three day hunt was using a Tejon, so that does say something.

Thanks, ya I watched that show, it was great.
It was filmed only a couple miles from my house

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread