Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I am in the process of buying my first good detector and I just happened to be at Dicks sporting goods today and they have a Delta 4000 there for $249.00. It comes with an 8" concentric coil and what appears to be a BH pinpointer. Is this a good deal or should I still persue the Garrett ATPro . I want the target indicator and such but to be honest wityh you I dont know too much about Teknetics. I know I will probably get a slurry of replies to this but I am always willing to listen and learn. If only there were a try before you buy for these things....<hint to dealers> lol. BTW I am a fast learner and kinda a tech nut I mean Tech savvy.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion go for the Garrett ATPro

I Heard alot of Complaints on one of the Teknetics
detectors, Not sure if it was the Delta 4000.
Just saying.

BillW212

Feb 6, 2013
Coatesville, PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the Delta 4000 package. It came with headphones and a pointer. I haven't used it yet other than putting it together and messing about for a little in the house because the weather is still so bad here in PA. Just playing with it, the pointer is pretty light. It takes one 9 volt battery. (So does my detector) The pointer is made by First Texas (who now owns Teknetics) so it probably is the same one that comes with the Bounty Hunters. The little paper for the pointer says it comes with a 1 yr limited warranty. It has one power/sensitivity knob. You turn it on and it immediately starts screaming. If you keep turning the knob, it gets to a point where it stops. From there, it seems useable. I've tried it with a few coins and other objects just messing around in the house, and you have to be right on top of whatever it is before it makes a sound. And I mean right on top of it - almost touching it. I'll start out with this one, it is definitely a "nice to have". Maybe I'll upgrade later if need be.

Last edited:

premedit8ed

Greenie
Feb 22, 2013
I have a Teknetiks Delta 4000 it's a very good Metal Detector and to be honest the only complaints will be from ppl who think its too sensitive and dont know how to decipher whats trash and whats worth digging I've been using it for about 4 months and love itmost of the complaints also come from the VID and to be 100% honest i dont rely on the VID i rely on the numbers and if my delta 4000 gives me multiple 76's on multiple swipes i know its a penny i usually get 56 for nickles and 56-58 for pull tabs its a ood detector for the price and you will find alot of stuff good luck and this thing will pay for itself heres a tip...its not always how good the metal detector is but how good the person doing the detecting. ive had extremely good luck with 30$ detectors from harbor freight dont be afraid to dig every signal and keep a lil note pad hand right your finds and the numbers that come up it will help you learn your machine quickly and efficient and help you decide whats worth digging

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread