Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I traded my ATP for a omega, and I received it today. My first impressions are;
1. The blue color looks sweet
2. The control box itself feels cheap and bends when trying to connect the plug when changing coils.
3. It's very light
And 4. This is a veryyyy loud machine!

I'm a little worried as of depth, because I have a test garden of coins in my back yard, and it couldn't hit a 8" quarter. But it's early and I'm just learning it. I will have it out tonight as I will be searching an old baseball field where I've had good luck with silver and wheats. The Video for tonight's hunt will be up later. And also, what disc pattern is best for depth? Thanks for reading and I will update you tonight as to how it performs for it's first hunt.

-Ryan

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having vol adjustable headphones will curb your volume concerns.

Don't worry to much about your test garden. Especially if it's newer. Chances are a test garden isn't going to match real world conditions anyway!

As for disc for depth…lowest disc is deepest. Never heard of any machine getting deeper as the disc is turned up.

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had it out for a couple hours, no silver or wheats, but got $3.30 in clad, and what i think is a harmonica reed? I have no clue what... So far so good!

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Attachments

• image-142427657.jpg
    image-142427657.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 115

exahab

Jun 10, 2013
Luldow, MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro Dp
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a buckle off of a mudboot

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about depth. Mine found coppers at a measured 11 inches, though the sounds were faint and came in as nickels. I didn't care too much about the quality or the EMI issues and traded it in. Great machine otherwise.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Having vol adjustable headphones will curb your volume concerns.

Don't worry to much about your test garden. Especially if it's newer. Chances are a test garden isn't going to match real world conditions anyway!

As for disc for depth…lowest disc is deepest. Never heard of any machine getting deeper as the disc is turned up.
Yes but if his AT Pro hit that coin in his garden ….and the Omega did not would that not tell you something … So it does not matter if the test garden is newer or older ..If one detector hits it at 8 inches and the other does not..

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My main detector is the Omega 8000, and I love it for many reasons. Very dependable and durable (I hunt hard) extremely lightweight. Simple controls that do everything needed. Very sensitive.
Lately have been using in all metal mode, which you can set for different tones, and you get a VDI identification-but with no disc
in all metal. This will give the best depth by far, but you have to rely on the display. Good luck with it.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes but if his AT Pro hit that coin in his garden ….and the Omega did not would that not tell you something … So it does not matter if the test garden is newer or older ..If one detector hits it at 8 inches and the other does not..

So true Keppy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread