Teknetics T2 SE or Minelab E-Trac

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive researched both of these extensively online and its coming down to the brass tacks on which detector to get,income tax is arriving soon and i`ll have the cash in hand for a new machine,My real question about these two detectors is simply this, Does the E Trac really offer that much more in a machine than the T2 SE? Ive used mid range detectors but im looking to get something better than the omega 8000 im currently selling via ebay, Does the extra 650 dollars for an e trac actually get you that much more than whats already available in the current T2 SE model? There is a big difference in $899 for a T2 and $1559 for an e trac,i know it comes down to personal preference,type of hunting,conditions,what you r searching for,etc. My main question is if the price difference between the two machines justifiable to pay? Thanks for your input.

HH John

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used a T2 so I can't comment on that machine but the E-trac is a great detector. I was able to find a hardly used one on E-bay for a little over $800. That left room for a couple of extra search coils for added versatility. Just a thought if price is a factor.

wilhitr

Jan 6, 2013
Benton
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT 705 & Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a ML 505 that does fine for what it is. A Tejon thats rocks on relics and it's my favorite and I'll always own one... I was considering an E-Track, but I've about made my mind up to go with the Fisher F75.

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys. @wilhitr,Ive also decided on the f-75 over the T-2 because of the dual processors,plus the f-75 still offers the boost mode thats on the T2!

HH John

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive researched both of these extensively online and its coming down to the brass tacks on which detector to get,income tax is arriving soon and i`ll have the cash in hand for a new machine,My real question about these two detectors is simply this, Does the E Trac really offer that much more in a machine than the T2 SE? Ive used mid range detectors but im looking to get something better than the omega 8000 im currently selling via ebay, Does the extra 650 dollars for an e trac actually get you that much more than whats already available in the current T2 SE model? There is a big difference in $899 for a T2 and $1559 for an e trac,i know it comes down to personal preference,type of hunting,conditions,what you r searching for,etc. My main question is if the price difference between the two machines justifiable to pay? Thanks for your input.

HH John

Kinda wondering about this T2 SE from Teknetics .... my step-dad just bought one on eBay for like $650 and has only taken it out once but said it went deep and tests deep.

I am pretty set on the E-Trac but its pushing me out of my budget is all.

Just wondering what everyone thinks lately about this T2 SE vs. the E-Trac?

I have heard the T2 is pretty noisy an chatters a lot ... that I do not like, I am not good with a rig that chatters a lot.

I know they both have their strengths and weaknesses but what constitutes the $650 in the E-Trac over the T2 SE?

Just figured I would bump this thread that asked the questions already and see what people think as of late.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread