Teknetics T2 SE

historygrad09

Feb 17, 2015
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/White's MXT/Teknetics T2 SE/Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just wanted to post to give anyone searching around for a new machine some insight about the Teknetics T2 SE. I will start off saying that I have only ever used White's machines, the XLT and MXT. I have only used my T2 a half dozen times but I can tell you it is a wonderful machine and right out of box will find you relics. The manual that you receive with the machine is a wealth of knowledge. Read it then re-read it before your first hunt. I did and I am glad I did. I decided to hunt a site I have hunted for over 10 years. In a usual hour and a half hunt if I found two keepers I would be happy as this site has been hunted hard by many people for many years and even when first found this site didn't produce a ton of relics as it was a site that was not heavily used. In the last three hunts there with my T2 I have found over a half dozen musket balls, a thimble, an entire locking mechanism for a chest or trunk, as well as a large piece of brass that was about 10-11 inches deep. The brass rang off loud and clear on sensitivity 75. The best find to date however was a 1902 Liberty V nickel. It falls into the Extremely Fine catagory. Details on this thing are amazingly crisp. Anyway my point here is to let people know that the T2 is a wonderful machine that is easy to setup and will find you relics. All you gotta do is listen to it and it will tell you everything. It clicked with me on my third hunt and things have not been the same since lol. Hope this helps anyone out there who is on the fence about this machine like I was at first. Happy Hunting!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post! I did a ton of research before I decided that my first machine would be a T2 SE. Fast forward a year and change and I'm pulling a tree coin and 1664 cob that I'm convinced many machines would have missed. Glad I got this machine for sure. It absolutely blew my expectations away the first year. I hunt very early colonial sites with some very deep finds. That baby doesn't miss much

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking at a few detectors for my big purchase this year...T2.....F75.....F19.

My issue is that they are all so close as far as abilities and made by the same company....it gets confusing. Is there a reason First Texas splits Fisher and Teknetics like they do? Price and performance wise they are so damn close it is hard to pick one over the other.

I can see having Bounty Hunter seperate...even though they are fine machines in their own right....Teknetics and Fisher seem much higher end. Is Teknetics geared for EU sales while Fisher is US? I'm sure it is a simple answer....

Having $900 to spend on a new machine has never been more confusing.....

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking at a few detectors for my big purchase this year...T2.....F75.....F19.

My issue is that they are all so close as far as abilities and made by the same company....it gets confusing. Is there a reason First Texas splits Fisher and Teknetics like they do? Price and performance wise they are so damn close it is hard to pick one over the other.

I can see having Bounty Hunter seperate...even though they are fine machines in their own right....Teknetics and Fisher seem much higher end. Is Teknetics geared for EU sales while Fisher is US? I'm sure it is a simple answer....

Having $900 to spend on a new machine has never been more confusing.....

Well I own both of them and they both kick ass. My personal feeling is that allows First Texas to corner more of the market but that's just speculation on my part. The F75 has a few more bells and whistles but they are both deep as hell. I have pulled some colonial goodness from stupid depths. You can't go wrong with either

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I own both of them and they both kick ass. My personal feeling is that allows First Texas to corner more of the market but that's just speculation on my part. The F75 has a few more bells and whistles but they are both deep as hell. I have pulled some colonial goodness from stupid depths. You can't go wrong with either

Yeah, I think any of the 3 would be great choices. I suppose it is like GMC owning Chevy and producing trucks for both. Both sell great and have their differences. But when it comes down to it they both use the same parts. Same big block...same transmission etc etc.

Bad comparison I guess...idk. Seems like they are fighting themselves with it, but I guess it all funnels to the same place. Cha-ching.

Got it narrowed down to one of those 3 at least. Guess I can't really go wrong. Thanks!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you checked out the Makro Racer? Not to confuse things more but might be worth a look

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not. Heard of it and know it is a fairly new model from them....but that is about it. I will def look into it.

Being new to this hobby the only 3 names I heard of before I started getting into it was Whites...Garrett....Fisher.

Minelab came next followed by Bounty Hunter...Teknetics...Tesoro etc...

Having choices is ALWAYS a good thing....but damn it is time consuming narrowing it down. I have to be honest I don't think I will be ready to by for another 3-4 months as I do NOT want to regret my decision.

I know I want a digital display and I know I want that good depth the Fishers give. Beyond that I am ot sure what I am looking for yet. I mean hell....I'm rocking a Scorpion Gold Stinger for prospecting first and coin shooting second. Any of those models will be a tremendous upgrade for me.

Buyers remorse is something that will keep me up all night. :BangHead: Have to get it right.

I babble sorry...don't mean to thread jack or stray off-topic.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not. Heard of it and know it is a fairly new model from them....but that is about it. I will def look into it.

Being new to this hobby the only 3 names I heard of before I started getting into it was Whites...Garrett....Fisher.

Minelab came next followed by Bounty Hunter...Teknetics...Tesoro etc...

Having choices is ALWAYS a good thing....but damn it is time consuming narrowing it down. I have to be honest I don't think I will be ready to by for another 3-4 months as I do NOT want to regret my decision.

I know I want a digital display and I know I want that good depth the Fishers give. Beyond that I am ot sure what I am looking for yet. I mean hell....I'm rocking a Scorpion Gold Stinger for prospecting first and coin shooting second. Any of those models will be a tremendous upgrade for me.

Buyers remorse is something that will keep me up all night. :BangHead: Have to get it right.

I babble sorry...don't mean to thread jack or stray off-topic.

I spent months and months researching so don't feel bad. No buyers remorse here. I was pulling out 18th century coppers and silvers in no time. I'm telling you my friend. These are performers once you get dialed in with them

OP
OP
H

historygrad09

Feb 17, 2015
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/White's MXT/Teknetics T2 SE/Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahab8 is right they are performers. I felt a little uneasy dropping $900 as well but I tell you it was the best decision I ever made. I went hunting just the other day and dug a three ringer at about 10 inches and it gave a really good signal. It's a good machine and once you learn the tones and what the machine is telling you its an awesome machine. I dug that V nickel mentioned in my post above in an area littered, I repeat littered, with trash and the T2 let me know it was there.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 SE is an excellent performer, which will keep up with the best of them..... and at a cost that will not break the bank. Make sure you get the newer DST version - its much more stable than the older versions... most people like it much better due to the stability.

Huntergt - any one of the three would do a great job of relic hunting for you.... the F75 has the most features and has the advantage of saving your settings from hunt to hunt. But it only takes a few seconds to set them up on the T2 SE when its turned on. - it just depends on your preference. Also, the F19 isn't going to be quite as deep as the other two, but its super fast in trash - great for picking out targets in the worst of sites. :)

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about maybe picking up a different machine in the summer. I was thinking of getting the tek but they just dropped the price on the deus so now I have some thinking to do.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, the F19 isn't going to be quite as deep as the other two, but its super fast in trash - great for picking out targets in the worst of sites. :)

Being rather new to this hobby I am unsure what that "fast" portion means. I know what depth and trash and discrim are of course....

Are you saying it excels at having a trashy target super close to a good target? That it is able to separate them well when super close or right on top of each other?

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, by fast it means it switches from target to target quickly. The F19 is quicker than most in areas where there is a lot of iron junk. This can be key, as other machines my sometimes not register it as a target quickly enough to alert you to its presence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread