• DSC01798.JPG
    DSC01798.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 832

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a hunch.....always go by your gut feeling I say! Plus looks just like the slag i dug out of many furnaces :) Do you have a picture of the other side?

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will get better pictures of this object when I get home. Gone on vacation for 9 days. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

cryptic

Oct 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the other side. :D

Attachments

• DSC02171.JPG
    DSC02171.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 860

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah
It doesn't look like any of the tektites I have, currently eight stoney and one moldavite. I would post a pic, but don't remember how to, been awhile since I was able to post.

A tektite is either a stoney or a crystal, the moldavite has a sick grassy green color. Also a tektite is of an earth origin. The tektite is a result of a meteor impact, but it is not of meteorite in origin. It is a result of the surface materials of the earth being vaporized and blown into the atmosphere where it cools down and falls back to earth.

If I can figure out how to post pics, I will post pics of the ones I have from the Khorat Plateau, Thailand. A true moldavite is from Czechoslovakia, and the only site that is recognized for them. Other places have been rumored to have produced moldavites, but they have not been confirmed. Most have proven to be desert glass.

Edited 7/25/2011 - fixed country name.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup, slag. Sorry. VERY FEW meteorites have "holes" or bubbles. Those that appear to have holes is actually an ablated surface.... meaning the less dense minerals have melted away. I am not a meteorite "pro" but in my quest to find one, I have found literally tons of meteorwrongs.... like your rock. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions