Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
My experience was very simple...In 1999 I was a full time gold Dredger..The Doctors told me that it was not safe for me to dive anymore...I still wanted to search for gold..So I ask many of my Gold Hunting friends how I could keep doing that...They told me about a guy up in Minden Nevada who made devices to locate gold..So I made arrangements to go to Nevada to see this gentleman..I went and he demonstrated his device and then I operated the device my self...

I paid him $252 for a gold only device...On the way home I stopped at a good looking spot on the South Fork of the American River...I recovered enough gold to pay for the LRL that day...That device is still being used by my son at his Placer Mine in Alaska..

This old Rod type LRL had a range of 3/4 miles and a depth of 30 feet..It was simple to use because it was just a simple tool..Buying that tool has prolonged my hobby of Treasure hunting for many years now and gave me a lot of enjoyment after the doctors told me I was through..Art

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
My experience was very simple...In 1999 I was a full time gold Dredger..The Doctors told me that it was not safe for me to dive anymore...I still wanted to search for gold..So I ask many of my Gold Hunting friends how I could keep doing that...They told me about a guy up in Minden Nevada who made devices to locate gold..So I made arrangements to go to Nevada to see this gentleman..I went and he demonstrated his device and then I operated the device my self...

I paid him $252 for a gold only device...On the way home I stopped at a good looking spot on the South Fork of the American River...I recovered enough gold to pay for the LRL that day...That device is still being used by my son at his Placer Mine in Alaska..

This old Rod type LRL had a range of 3/4 miles and a depth of 30 feet..It was simple to use because it was just a simple tool..Buying that tool has prolonged my hobby of Treasure hunting for many years now and gave me a lot of enjoyment after the doctors told me I was through..Art

Interesting. Thank you.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
EE THr said:
aarthrj3811 said:

Interesting. Thank you.

Second that.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
A man I worked with found out that I metal detected for coins. After having a conversation with him one night (I worked second shift), he asked if I was interested in hunting a silver mine. I stated that I was and asked for details. He had accidentally or perhaps luckily, stumbled on an old smelter where silver ore had been smeltered many years ago. He showed me some of the slag he had picked up from the smelter. He then showed me an old map his family had handed down to him form his great grandfather, who had apparently beeen killed when he walked in on the ones running the smelter. After going through all the records in the library and at the historical society, he decided that he had a good idea of where the actual mine was. This mine was said to have been worked by Johnatha Swift and party in the 1700's. Knowing that all traces would now be covered by vegetation, he bought an LRL from a local man who made them. I accompanied him and another friend when he went searching for the mine. After parking the truck and walking about a mile around the side of a steep hill, the rod swung toward a stand of pine strees some 1/4 mile distance. The terrain was rugged but we managed to climb a ridge above the point where the LRL had been pointing. Aftyer slipping and sliding down to where the spot was we discovered three pine trees set in a triangullar shape, not natural but intentionally planted, for sure. In the triangle of trees was a shaft in the side of a hill. We weren't equipped to explore the shaft and so we took a few sample lying around the shaft to have identified. The two of them went back later and excavated the shaft and recoveerd what silver that had been left or overlooked by those who mined it. I got the opotunity to see first hand how well these things can work. rockhound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread