Tell Everyone About CRH?

coinjim

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2010
I have been lurking for over a year, and occasionally do road trips with moderate success, but have noticed how everyone is so secretive about CRH.

So far, i haven't told anyone about it either, but I was thinking....

If many more people start CRHing half dollars as an example, the pallets in the vaults would get down to boxes that may have been sitting there since 1980, or they may run out and have to get more from neighboring Fed banks that may have been sitting since?

I am not condoning advertising CRH, but just looking for opinions!

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
coinjim said:
I have been lurking for over a year, and occasionally do road trips with moderate success, but have noticed how everyone is so secretive about CRH.

If many more people start CRHing half dollars as an example, the pallets in the vaults would get down to boxes that may have been sitting there since 1980, or they may run out and have to get more from neighboring Fed banks that may have been sitting since?

If you have been lurking for a while you can see that we do a fine job getting to the bottom of the pallets without any extra help. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
coinjim said:

If CRH was announce in the NY Times on the front page, and people wrote books on it, and it was talked about on the 6 o'clock news for a week, I don't think the number of people who CRH would rise even a little.

Maybe for a week or two, but 99.99999% of the people out there are just too lazy to do it.

kalebdad

Sep 24, 2010
Its all a matter of timing. I currently have 38 boxes that have not been sent back to Dumbar yet. (bank Manager out of town so they are still on bank vault floor) I am getting CRH's marked coins with dates. 1st few boxes marked 9/10 i am through 16 of them and they are now marked 8/10. These boxes are still giving up 3-4 keepers. I guess its all about when they dump the bags in the machine and if a old ladies bag goes in with it. I would imagine to get that far back we would all have to hold a pile of coin.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This "Bottom of the Pallet Theory" has been discussed here before, and once someone even formulated a plan and call to action from the tnet CRHing community. I don't know if it was ever acted upon or not. I'd sure like to see the results of it, but I wouldn't tell the world about CRHing. Enough people already know about it.

I've got two Powerball tickets for tonight. It's up to 60 million. When I win, I'll make a substantial deposit in a smallish bank, and I'll order $500,000 in circulated halves, and I'll let you know what the bottom of the pallet looks like (with stats and pics, no banner please). ::)

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Kantuckkeean said:
This "Bottom of the Pallet Theory" has been discussed here before, and once someone even formulated a plan and call to action from the tnet CRHing community. I don't know if it was ever acted upon or not. I'd sure like to see the results of it, but I wouldn't tell the world about CRHing. Enough people already know about it.

I've got two Powerball tickets for tonight. It's up to 60 million. When I win, I'll make a substantial deposit in a smallish bank, and I'll order $500,000 in circulated halves, and I'll let you know what the bottom of the pallet looks like (with stats and pics, no banner please). ::)

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
why only $500,000? or is that just a teaser, then the real play. HH Mark

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I have enough trouble just ordering a couple boxes a week. The bank around here will order it one week but refuse to do so the next. If you ordered $500,000 in halves, you'd better give them a hefty tip.
Which leads me to my next question.. If you have say $30 million and you wanted that to all be in halves. Would you create a significant enough of a shortage that even avg. circulated halves will carry a premium like IKES? Corner that market in halves and sell them slowly to get a profit. Anytime, anyone has a large quantity of something.. they should always sell them slowly as to not flood the market so prices go down. Ebay user: Pennybullion is ruining the copper penny market on Ebay by flooding it. That's part of the reason why prices are not even close to spot metal prices.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
The absolute last thing you want to do is tell anyone. Its like admitting to cheating on a spouse, no good will come of it.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all the boxes of halves get sent out, I'm sure the bottom of the pallet isn't any different than the top. These huge scores are just people getting the right box at the right time. Someone cashing in grandpas collection. I highly doubt these boxes sat for 20 or 30 years before getting sent out.
Going out and telling a ton of people about roll hunting will jut give us all that much more competition, not a good idea. It's already hard to find halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions