Teller limits me to $20 but what a $20 that was!

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing the rounds in my area, finally getting plenty of CWRs and random machine rolls that the banks happen to have. And it's been mighty skunky.

So today I went on a mini-road trip to the next town over. I haven't been there in a few months. Barely found anything - just a few loose coins, plus $140 that were obviously re-wrapped dumps. :-(

I was about to leave, but spotted one last bank across the street. Yes, THAT bank. Because it seems like it's always the last one, that you almost don't bother going to, that makes the day worth it.

The teller nicely said she could sell me $20 worth of halves or big dollars - yes, she had both - and apparently more than just that $20 on hand. I chose $20 in halves, especially since she showed me a few example Eisenhowers and I figured the odds were better with halves.

When I got home, those two rolls were the only silver. Here's what I found:

1 - 1954
1 - 1963
1- 1964

2 - 1965
2- 1966
1 - 1967
4 - 1968
2 - 1969.

Fourteen silvers in two rolls, I would take that any day!

So of course now I have to figure out how to get some more from that bank! She didn't say I needed to be an account holder to get more than $20, so maybe I need to come up with excuses to go back over and over? Or maybe I should try to open an account and clean her out. Because if what she's holding onto is anything like these two rolls she happened to sell me, I want more please!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, if you want to go to this bank yourself, you might want to look up zip code 97052, 87258, or 86705.

:laughing9:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Congrats!!!!!

I would go back in as soon as possible, even if you can only buy another $20....but try to avoid that teller like she has the plague.

Send your wife in too.

If there is silver there, play it for all you can!!!

LeoTrench-MAINE

Aug 7, 2011
Americas Maritime Province
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go get your sister, your friend, your sisters boyfriend.....

JUMP ON THAT $t!!!

Who limits what you can have??? Did she ASK you if you had an account?

At least you got something!!

Happy Holidays and Happy Hunting!!

Trench

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or at least tell the rest of us the bank name and location so your fellow Tneters get a share of the booty!

thepianoman999

Greenie
Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hire me to go in. I'll get you 20 bucks worth of halves, but you have to cover the gas money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread