ALASKA
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank goodness I don't have to worry about those Canadian dimes, though I do get them occasionally, they've never been a problem... I actually get about a 1:1 ratio of canadian dimes to the great britain 5pence coin. I just keep them and I am establishing quite a date collection :)

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I have over 500 in canadian currency , also found 2 fake us dimes that almost look real

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost all the rolls that I put together myself get the magnet treatment. Maybe it's my proximity to Canada that causes them to be vigilant on that topic. However, they do not do that to the Brinks clear plastic rolls that I return even though many of those have had Canadians mixed in. In my neck of the woods, the tellers name badge is magnetic so they just take that off and run it over the coins. Pretty slick actually.

As for Canadians they sell me, I can't tell you the number of times I've spotted a nice shiny quarter edge in a teller's tray only to end up purchasing a Canadian. Tears are often shed. >:(

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just find a reputable dealer in canada and by some silver maples when you get enuf loonie money.

silver is silver!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
quiksilver said:
I have over 500 in canadian currency , also found 2 fake us dimes that almost look real

2 fake silver dimes? If not, it is pretty worthless to fake clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions