Teller Refused to sell me her dime!

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday I walk into the Wells Fargo that orders me a box of halves every week. I spot a new teller to go check if she has any loose halves. She refuses to sell me her loose halves even though I could see they were not silver. Then I spot a loose silver dime in her tray along with about $5 in dimes. I then ask her if I can buy all her dimes. She quickly says she won't sell me any of her dimes as she is keeping them. She then picks up the Merc and puts it in her other tray. WTF. Has this ever happened to you guys? Oh and one more question. One of the tellers says he has tons of silver dimes he wants to sell. I said I would pay him a fair price for all of them. Whats a fair price per dime I should pay him? I was thinking like 85% of spot?

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• DSC_7691.JPG
    DSC_7691.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

RUSSIANPAUL

Apr 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are incorrect. If the teller has coins in her tray, i am pretty sure she can NOT refuse to sell them to you if you are a customer of the bank. The coins do not belong to her. I have spoken to several TD bank employees, and they said that they have to do it, even though most of them say no. All you have to do is bring it up to a manager, and they will force the teller to sell you a coin. I have never pushed the envelope, since for me its more important to keep a good relationship with my pick up/dump banks over a dime or a quarter. However, if it see 20 Morgans in the tray and the teller wont sell them, you better believe the manager will be getting called over.

Why do some people think a teller is obligated to give them silver coins when they see them in the tray and ask for them, they are not obligated to do so.... if they wish, they can save them for theirselves or for someone else and if they do this it does not make them a bad person......... Banks are not in the business to sell anyone silver coins..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread