Teller situation, how to handle it

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got this teller at a bank I was using for small dumps thats knew to hold pre65 quarters and have given me about half a dozen so far at face. Issue is she knows some of what to look for but afraid to educate her too much cause she knows these are silver from an incorrect comment "You just made about $2 in proof on that one" refering to a quarter. I plan on bringing her some cookies or the like to say thanks. She I roll the dice educating her to look for dimes, pennies etc or just be thankful for what I'm getting? Afraid she'll either get herself fired or start holding or demanding full price on these.

Upvote 0

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be grateful for what you get. We don't need to educate anyone.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spill your guts on pre 65 U.S coinage,then offer to buy everyone she finds for say 2x-3x face,this way she will look for them and want you to buy them.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got this teller at a bank I was using for small dumps thats knew to hold pre65 quarters and have given me about half a dozen so far at face. Issue is she knows some of what to look for but afraid to educate her too much cause she knows these are silver from an incorrect comment "You just made about $2 in proof on that one" refering to a quarter. I plan on bringing her some cookies or the like to say thanks. She I roll the dice educating her to look for dimes, pennies etc or just be thankful for what I'm getting? Afraid she'll either get herself fired or start holding or demanding full price on these.

Check with Eminem on this. He is the teller master.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Be gratefull for what you get, which sounds like your doing pretty good anyway, a quarter is worth more than a 40% half. HH, Maverick.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevinbomb123 said:
Spill your guts on pre 65 U.S coinage,then offer to buy everyone she finds for say 2x-3x face,this way she will look for them and want you to buy them.

Why would u want people that dnt have a clue to know about the worth of silver coins. You dnt need more compition

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Offer her a fixed price for them. Such as $3 for pre 1964 quarters, $2 for pre 1964 dimes, etc etc.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other

Dawg it is illegal for her to sell you silver coins for more than face unless she bought it first. If needed scream at her until she lets you buy it at face. If I were you i would try to keep the teller is dumb as possible. A smart teller is a bad teller. never mention silver. Do NOT buy her cookies. One of these days she will cut you off out of greed and you will regret it. Your welcome brodawg

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like she is ok with giving you the silver.
I don't think she would get in trouble for putting the coins aside for you, but I guarantee she would get in trouble if she started asking for more than face value.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So an update on this is shes still giving me silver but keeping the really good stuff for herself. For example she gave me a war nickel today for face. Not too shabby til she tells me she got two franklins and a par of standing liberties in. That she kept. I don't blame her, I would do the same and im not trying to be greedy. However she wants me to educate her on some times to look for but afraid where that gets me. I know she knows to spot the old stuff but if thinking if shes willing to give me 25% of what she finds already might not hurt to increase how much of that 25% is right?

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So an update on this is shes still giving me silver but keeping the really good stuff for herself. For example she gave me a war nickel today for face. Not too shabby til she tells me she got two franklins and a par of standing liberties in. That she kept. I don't blame her, I would do the same and im not trying to be greedy. However she wants me to educate her on some times to look for but afraid where that gets me. I know she knows to spot the old stuff but if thinking if shes willing to give me 25% of what she finds already might not hurt to increase how much of that 25% is right?

Sounds like she has enough knowledge to give you some serious competition already. If she is serious about collecting or culling silver she can cut you out of the loop and just go to the internet for an education . At this point with the knowledge she already has I think I would try to work out a deal with her that both of you can benefit from. The ball is in her court....even if you educate her the question is can you trust her to give you a cut of her finds.

Big Fat

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Offer her 10 times face value for them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread