Teller Tales

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Last week I had to dump at my southern banks. Here is what happened this time.

The teller had to change the bag and asked me "You were here just two weeks ago with half dollars, right"? I answered in the affirmative and was thinking "here we go". She goes on to say,"You know we have to hand count these half dollars after we remove the bag". Now I know this is a steaming pile of B.S. so I tell her."That's great, keeping busy makes the work day fly by."
I'm waiting for that question and here it comes. "Where do you get all those half dollars from"?
I reply," My grandmother recently passed away and she left me 50-60 5 gallon water jugs filled with half dollars. She had been saving them since the depression. My wife told me to search through them before cashing them in because most of them are very very old and could be worth something. I told my wife that I don't have time to look for old coins and could care less about them".
The teller said," Really because when we looked through them last time it looked like someone had already picked through them!"
I grabbed a half from the tray which happened to be a 1974, showed it to her and said Look! Here is a real old one,35 years old !

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha, awsome Rich. Grandma loved to hoard clad halves, its not your fault!

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
When I think about it as a grandfather myself, who is going to buy a story about my grandmother recently passing away? :icon_scratch: My grandparents were born in the late 1800's :laughing7:

I'll have to switch to my mother in law

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
When I think about it as a grandfather myself, who is going to buy a story about my grandmother recently passing away? :icon_scratch: My grandparents were born in the late 1800's :laughing7:

I'll have to switch to my mother in law

Nah, the taller the story the better, just see how tall it can get B4 they call you on it.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Your a natural story teller rich. I bet you left her with out a word of retort.

Golden Silver

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Ha ha! I wish I could work up the nerver to do something like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread