Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, most of your questions will be answered in the post called "beginners guide to CRH" at the top of the CRH forum page.. Your best bet is to go in and ask for half dollars or any rolled coins that customers have brought in..

OP
OP
frogginfish

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked through that before I asked, thank you. That's why I am asking in this thread.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm curious...how do you go about asking for certain coins like silver or what have you in the teller trays without them knowing what you are doing? Then when you go back to that bank, they don't have any coins like that in their trays anymore.

And are smaller town banks better for that than bigger cities?

Just ask for that "white rimmed" coin or ask for all the coins. They won't always have silver, unless old grandma brings in a steady stream of silver. Small town banks may be more likely to have CWR, as there may be less competition, but also less people to dump silver. Many big cities have coin machines, making CWR less prevalent.

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
I recently saw a silver quarter and simply asked for it. No hassle. She knew what it was but gave it to me. Either they know and will oblige or decline or they dont know and wont care. My experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread