mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit some banks today, looking to pick up whatever I could. Got one box of dimes, some cwr dimes and nicks,some cent rolls and about $130 in halves. Eight rolls were from my TD dump bank where I dump my halves in $500 bags. I have a great relationship with the head teller and she is delighted to have me take her odd amounts of halves, knowing they will come back to her, nicely bagged up and ready to ship out. I found three 40% in those eight rolls. Not great but the only silver I got today and better then a kick in the butt. Anyway, when I got home my wife was baking and I had her make up three tins of cookies, which I then distributed to my three favorite TD branches. It went over really well and I was happy to hook them up because they treat me very well at all of these branches. The lesson here for tellers is take care of the coin guy and cookies will appear. HH

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reward them just like you would a puppy that did something good, the positive reinforcement will pay off.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reward them just like you would a puppy that did something good, the positive reinforcement will pay off.

They would probably like to be petted but if one of them followed me home I'd be in trouble. Lol

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I reward my favorite tellers with treats sometimes. One teller thanked me recently by giving another customer 3 solid silver rolls of quarters. Guess the grass was greener over there, it hurts *sniff*

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyway, when I got home my wife was baking and I had her make up three tins of cookies...The lesson here for tellers is take care of the coin guy and cookies will appear. HH

Hmmm...my wife loves to bank. Gonna have to try this one out!

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 40%ers in eight rolls "not great"? Just extrapolate that out a bit and see if your perspective changes...

Don't get me wrong, I was delighted with 3 40%. Guess I was thinking back to last time this teller hooked me up, where I got 19 or 20 40% and I think two 90%. This weeks 3 40% were my only silver halfs this week. None last week. HH

Hellzcannibal

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2013
Sheridan, WY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They always look at me like I'm from another planet when I buy coins from the bank. I got some halves recently and she went in back, all they had were 6 rolls, as I was paying for them I noticed a half roll or so worth of halves with no clad stripe on the side in her coin tray, thought I was going to score, she quickly replied, 'I save those for a friend of mine'. If I had a teller friend like that I would have a dozen donuts down there every monday morning.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They always look at me like I'm from another planet when I buy coins from the bank. I got some halves recently and she went in back, all they had were 6 rolls, as I was paying for them I noticed a half roll or so worth of halves with no clad stripe on the side in her coin tray, thought I was going to score, she quickly replied, 'I save those for a friend of mine'. If I had a teller friend like that I would have a dozen donuts down there every monday morning.

Really sucks when you can see it but you can't have it. At least you have identified a sniper.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reward my favorite tellers with treats sometimes. One teller thanked me recently by giving another customer 3 solid silver rolls of quarters. Guess the grass was greener over there, it hurts *sniff*

I am guessing she knew they were silver??And told you any way??? Yes man that hurts NO DOUGHNUTS for her.Tell her you got a new favorite teller.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cut way back am waiting to see who keeps my boxes flowing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread