Tellers dont know what CWRs are?

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a common problem. Try using wording like "I would like to purchase rolled coins that other customers have deposited to you." I always preface that I am a coin collector and then they understand what I am talking about. This is a request that often comes from left field when they hear this.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like the big Weez said. OF COURSE THEY KNOW - they just don't know what you are saying when you drop Treasurenet lingo on them.

Use your words, and describe it. " I want the coins that our guests have dropped off" - - - --" I am looking for coins from other customers, do you have any?"

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I try to keep it as simple as possible and just ask them for as many dimes and nickels as they can spare. When they pull out the trays if they are MWR I ask them to make sure they are not new ones because I am looking for older coins to complete my sets. With the number of short rolls of dimes I get, I prefer MWR's anyway. With nickels I almost never find any buffalo because people pull them out if they see them so to me MWR or CWR doesn't matter as long as I am getting something to look through. I think it is better to start a new relationship with a teller off on as pleasant a manner as possible instead of trying to hit a home run with finding a CWR solid roll the first time I am at the bank. I'll take whatever I can get, be real thankful and happy like they just made my day, and then on a return visit when there is no one behind me in line I can talk about what I want, like or don't want. First impressions mean a lot.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that problem too, I changed up my wording a little bit...

Hello I would like to purchase any dime or quarter rolls that are hand wrapped.

They understand that, from my experience anyway... Some will start to give you empty wrappers, but explain you want those type with coins inside :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread