tellers that cant count

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
tellers that can't count

Went to one of my banks yesterday, asked for halves. teller says yes I have $6.00. Then she proceeds to count them. 1,2,3,4,(1) 1,2,3,4,(2) 1,2,3,4,(3) I guess I only have $3.00 worth. Now what would you do? I tough her how to count halves.
something about robing banks ,even when they make it easy just isn't right. I have had tellers try to give me 12 rolls for $110.00 also. Watch them they don't think they make mistakes but they do.

Upvote 0

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: tellers that can't count

This happend to me years ago at a Wal-mart,I went in at midnight to pick up the latest Harry Potter book @$12 and lay down 12 Sacagewea dollar coins and the teller rings 'em up as quarters instead of $1's and then tells me that not only do I owe her more money,but she has never seen these coins and tells me that they must be fakes! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

I'd tell the cashier that the total should be $6. Honesty is always the best policy.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

clovis97 said:
I'd tell the cashier that the total should be $6. Honesty is always the best policy.
i agree, if u do that, in the future they might be thankful enough to save old coins/bills that come thru for u :wink:
keep it up and hh!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, know what you mean. I went to pick up a box of cents, nickles, and dimes today. The teller looks at me and says "$400.00" I said, "I think it is $375.00." Geez, I have ran across more tellers that have no clue the cost of various boxes. What is up with this???

HSH,
apush :read2:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

favored papa said:
Went to one of my banks yesterday, asked for halves. teller says yes I have $6.00. Then she proceeds to count them. 1,2,3,4,(1) 1,2,3,4,(2) 1,2,3,4,(3) I guess I only have $3.00 worth. Now what would you do? I tough her how to count halves.
something about robing banks ,even when they make it easy just isn't right. I have had tellers try to give me 12 rolls for $110.00 also. Watch them they don't think they make mistakes but they do.

I always correct them and make sure they don't lose. No, it's not karma. It's the right thing to do. They sometimes have to pay for shortages from their own, which means you are taking directly from them. Other times they get in trouble for it, and suspicion arises either as to their honesty or as to their ability. Both can hurt their job stability. Either way, if I know it is a mistake, I make sure I correct it and allow them to not come up short on their drawer at the end of the day.

You know the old saying "God said it, I believe it, that settles it"? I feel it is more like "God said it, that settles it, whether you or I believe it or not." Same idea here. The right thing to do is the right thing to do. Period. You did right if you corrected her mistake and gave her $6. :-)

bthomas71chevy

Apr 6, 2007

:)

I have had multiple places have to call a manager to make sure they accept "these types of coins"... the current president dollar coins.
::)

-Brent

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I once wen to a bank and asked for halves. The teller said they had like 50 dollars worth. I took them all, and I noticed one of the rolls was different. When I got to the car and opened them, there was a $25 roll of dollar coins. She only charged me 10 dollars for it, it made me wonder if thats all they gave the person when they brought those in too. Maybe she really thought it was a roll of halves. I didn't go back and tell her because I didn't have time. It put me up 15 bucks on the day. I still feel kind of bad, but I didn't really know for sure until I left the bank, if I had noticed while I was in there I would have told her. Some tellers don't know how to count, makes me wonder how some of them got those jobs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions