Tellers were good to me today

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I did the loop through my hunting grounds today stopped at about 8 additional banks that have produced in the past, while dumping and picking up from my supply banks and catching up on Wednesday's order

A remarkable thing happend at 1 bank that I have stopped at several times. The yong man sold me $300 in hand rolls. He said I was lucky because he usually searches them for silver but never got to them, and slides me the box containing 30 rolls of old looking Half dollar rolls. (I'm thinking jackpot) I searched them in the car as soon as I walked out of that bank and pulled about 25 40%'s. Lucky I guess? The rolls contained only halves dated between 1965 through 74. It appears that these were sitting gathering dust for the last 35 years in someones closet as most of the 74's were like new.

Another remarkable stop at one of my regular feed piles netted me another 25 40%'s but this time the teller had to verify the contents before she released them to me. She proceeded to open and count out the contents of the 8 rolls. 4 of the rolls contained only $9 & they had account #'s on them and they are going to back charge the depositor the $4. But I got to tell you I was sweating bullets as not only 1 but 2 tellers counted and recounted the contents of 8 rolls peppered with 40%'s throughout. Simply amazing. Those donut's have really paid off at this stop.

For the day my $800 in hand rolls produced around 60 keepers and my 6 boxes only produced 4 keepers.

All in all it was a good day and the weather was awesome today. very enjoyable hunt.

I was not planning on any cold calling today but felt compelled to stop at these banks on my way to do my dumps and pickups. And boy am I glad. If it had been raining today or I was pressed for time I would have missed out on the treasure today. Patience and persistence pays off today.

Mojo

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
:icon_thumright: - It is nice to not get shorted like that. I usually tell them to not bother, perhaps I'll let them do it a few times and see if it pays off.

Maine_Jim

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pickup mojo. Love those last second stops that produce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread