Templar Research

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nolan's Cross...Was The First Terrestrial Marker...For The Celestial Marker...Cygnus!

Explain the "Tree of Life" on Oak Island and how Petter Amundsen went there and measured exactly to where the stones were located? Fred Nolan did not do all of that.

It was the destination that his Pilgrim Followers looked for when sailing to the New World.

They would sail for the constellation Cygnus (Swan) which they called the Lighted Cross.

“If an imaginary line is drawn between the positions of a star to the center of the earth, the point at which the line touches the earth's surface is the terrestrial coordinate. A simple mathematical formula furnishes the equation for calculating the precise latitude and longitude indicated by the pointer star. When the formula was applied to the position of Deneb at the appointed time, with appropriate corrections for the precession of the equinoxes (from 1606) and with a troublesome 7 degree correction for which sanction was eventually found elsewhere in the riddle's matrix literature, the target proved to be a minuscule speck of land on the south coast of Nova Scotia called Oak Island” McBride.

Freemason's Celestial Map March 2018.jpg

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I am amazed that you would try to argue this out...on a technicality...as silly as... what Dictionary we are to use!

Don't try to wriggle out of this. You put words in the mouths of others. I called you out on it, and now we're going to talk about it some more...because yes, words are important, and I think that you know that.

From the post of yours that I responded to:

Is the definition for Petter Amundsen...a Loon...Correct?

A crazy, psychotic person who doesn't care a.k.a nutter.​

By the definition that you provided, no, he is not a loon. He obviously cares, and I'm not a psychologist but I don't think that he's psychotic. By citing Urban Dictionary and going with a very non-standard definition of "loon," as the word is used to describe a crazy person, you attempted to twist what I said and what others said.

Let's hammer this out right now: Amundsen is crazy. That's my opinion. No more screwing around with what I say, and no more misquoting me.

From "Lunatic" they erroneously termed "Loon" due to its "Howls" which they related to "Howls of Insane" which actually go back to Francis Bacon's Shakespearean Plays. What a coincidence!
The Loon to me is a Majestic Bird.

View attachment 1659211

I live on a lake in the northern Canada where Loons congregate during the summer.

The call at night during a full moon is a call soothing to a man's soul.

I have witnessed the courage of these fouls, challenging a Bald Eagle over the possession of a trout.

No...call any of us who seek a solution to the Mystery of Oak Island...Obsessed, Misguided, or Off Track...but not...a Loon!

I'm merely quoting the rest of this for posterity. It's not worthy of a response.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Not Worthy Of A Response!

Don't try to wriggle out of this. You put words in the mouths of others. I called you out on it, and now we're going to talk about it some more...because yes, words are important, and I think that you know that.

From the post of yours that I responded to:

By the definition that you provided, no, he is not a loon. He obviously cares, and I'm not a psychologist but I don't think that he's psychotic. By citing Urban Dictionary and going with a very non-standard definition of "loon," as the word is used to describe a crazy person, you attempted to twist what I said and what others said.

Let's hammer this out right now: Amundsen is crazy. That's my opinion. No more screwing around with what I say, and no more misquoting me.

I'm merely quoting the rest of this for posterity. It's not worthy of a response.​

Here is my "Response" to your "Response!

Silence.jpg

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What evidence? NOTHING found on OI is evidence of KT being there...

I guess it depends on how you interpret the available information, one man's trash is another man's evidence. In other words, you have trash while some others here have evidence!

Cheers, loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it depends on how you interpret the available information, one man's trash is another man's evidence. In other words, you have trash while some others here have evidence!..
Ha ha... Yep.. Everyone is free to believe what they choose..

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will also agree with one point you make, "considering the dubious information on their age and origin, the coconut fibers by themselves are meaningless", which is why it would seem to be relevant for somebody with the ability to do so to provide documented dna study's and dating of the material in question.

Even if the material is properly identified and dated in a reliable manner, unless material evidence is found in association with it, it is worthless in determining who deposited it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True. It would only prove/verify that old coconut fibers exist on Oak Island.

Is there ANY other reference to the importance of old coconut fibers in other parts of the world? They have been used for rope by seafarers and mats and mattresses by other folks for a very long time.

But we have known about Basque fishermen being on that coast for 500 years and Scandinavians for longer. Both would have had access to coconut fibers.

If what may be on Oak Island is anywhere near that old.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep... but just because someone believes something is evidence doesn't mean that it isn't trash.

Depends on the believer doesn't it? There are large groups of people who believe things I don't yet I wouldn't dare call it trash. Perhaps there are things you believe that are trash or not in your own opinion. Besides, most of the coconut fibre deposited probably was trash!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even if the material is properly identified and dated in a reliable manner, unless material evidence is found in association with it, it is worthless in determining who deposited it.

Not worthless, because of the identity of the few that could have had access to it. As I mentioned there are a few other possibilities, but only one most likely candidate.
Btw, I do appreciate your help in keeping the discussion going.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
True. It would only prove/verify that old coconut fibers exist on Oak Island.

Is there ANY other reference to the importance of old coconut fibers in other parts of the world? They have been used for rope by seafarers and mats and mattresses by other folks for a very long time.

But we have known about Basque fishermen being on that coast for 500 years and Scandinavians for longer. Both would have had access to coconut fibers.

If what may be on Oak Island is anywhere near that old.

See Charlie, you completely miss the point. The fibres, if dated correctly could only have come to the Western Atlantic from the Eastern Mediterranean! Again, I will add that I don't believe the Templars or anybody else buried any treasure on Oak Island.

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the believer doesn't it?

No. A fact is a fact, regardless of anyone's belief. The Earth is roundish, despite the beliefs of those flat Earth folks. Hutton's fake Roman sword is a fake Roman sword, despite the beliefs of Hutton and his minions. The Zeno Narrative is a hoax, despite the beliefs of oh so many online 'researchers'. Wolter can present all the 'evidence' that he has that the Kensington Rune Stone is some secret message from Venus-worshiping Norse Templars, but I guarantee you that this 'evidence' is trash regardless of Wolter's feels.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Charlie, you completely miss the point. The fibres, if dated correctly could only have come to the Western Atlantic from the Eastern Mediterranean!

Bold statement considering that there is as much evidence for the Chinese depositing these fibers as there is for the Templars.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No. A fact is a fact, regardless of anyone's belief. The Earth is roundish, despite the beliefs of those flat Earth folks. Hutton's fake Roman sword is a fake Roman sword, despite the beliefs of Hutton and his minions. The Zeno Narrative is a hoax, despite the beliefs of oh so many online 'researchers'. Wolter can present all the 'evidence' that he has that the Kensington Rune Stone is some secret message from Venus-worshiping Norse Templars, but I guarantee you that this 'evidence' is trash regardless of Wolter's feels.

I have to agree on some of your post, but the Kensington Stone, I'm not so sure. Not that i agree with Scott, but there is an interesting aspect of it that nobody has noticed. First, the latitude at which it was found can be followed all the way back to Nova Scotia by following navigable lakes and rivers, actually passing the exact center of the Straits of Mackinac. The runes say 14 days travel from their vessels, which would mean 14 days to return to a location along the North Western Lake Michigan Shoreline. This is what serious explorers would do, follow a known line such as a latitude. I don't wish to argue the point, but I do find this coincidence interesting.

Then there is the question of religion, which do you say is fact?

Cheers, loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bold statement considering that there is as much evidence for the Chinese depositing these fibers as there is for the Templars.

If you are one of those that believe that the Chinese visited Eastern North America in the 13th to 14th century go for it. That's a good History Channel program, but personally thats a little far fetched for me. On the other hand the Templars were based (headquartered) in Palestine and Cyprus for over 200 years while collecting a large checkbook balance and many ships. Gotta go for awhile, but loving this discussion will post later.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See Charlie, you completely miss the point. The fibres, if dated correctly could only have come to the Western Atlantic from the Eastern Mediterranean! Again, I will add that I don't believe the Templars or anybody else buried any treasure on Oak Island.

Cheers, Loki

Who is missing the point? I gave examples of two groups who could have brought them - the Basques and Scandinavians - both had trade with the Mediterranean pre-Columbus and were on this continent.

OK. Say we grant you that they are old coconut fibers.

So what? Someone or persistent tidal forces deposited coconut fibers on Oak Island.

That is the only conclusion that can be drawn. No inference to who or why. THAT is entirely speculative even IF the fibers are over 400 years old.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who is missing the point? I gave examples of two groups who could have brought them - the Basques and Scandinavians - both had trade with the Mediterranean pre-Columbus and were on this continent.

OK. Say we grant you that they are old coconut fibers.

So what? Someone or persistent tidal forces deposited coconut fibers on Oak Island.

That is the only conclusion that can be drawn. No inference to who or why. THAT is entirely speculative even IF the fibers are over 400 years old.

Wow, I've written this many times, but coconuts did not grow anywhere in the Atlantic Basin before 1500ad. They could not have floated on the tides from where they did grow, which was the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
Yes, there are a few other nations that traded in the Mediterranean, not the Scandinavians though during the proper time period and neither so much in the Eastern Med. but the Templars were based there for 200 years. Most European Countries made there own ropes and didn't use "coir", whereas the Templars being based there would have used whatever the Arabs used. In other words they were actually Eastern Mediterranean natives.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what you have written. Have you ever heard of the Chinese container of tub toys? They broke off a ship in the Pacific in 1992 but made it as far as beaches in Scotland a decade later. https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/w...000-rubber-duckies-lost-at-sea-teach-us-about

And look where they were in 2000. ;-)

Friendly-Floatees.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

A natural explanation that dowsn't need Masons or Templars or Romans or whatever.

The assumption is that the fibers found on Oak Island are coconut AND of a fibre not native to the Atlantic AND of an early age predating regular commerce.

So, there was a recent test (since 2014) that some fibers which were said to have come from Oak Island were coconut, there was an earlier (1965(?)) improperly conducted single sample taken to a lab that dated very early. The fibers collected by the Woods Hole staff were so degraded they could not determine what they were - they never confirmed coconut (or the existence of box drains). Triton brought the sampes to them.

Lets get a real lab on the island to collect samples properly and in a controlled method to test and see. There are newer and better radiometric dating methods not using Cabon-14 that are reliable in marine/tidal conditions.

And that will prove some old coconut fibers is on Oak Island, or not. Not much of a treasure even if it is positive. Maybe it was just a rhetting structure to soften the fibers up for boat caulking?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread