Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no affiliation with New Age Productions, have been here since Marc was the owner, and think there is NO LINK AT ALL between Oak Island and New Ross.

New Ross actually is more interesting as it may have pre-Colombian activity (not not necessarily European influence) but should be in it's own sub-forum.

The Herm Stone is basically the kicker Charlie....

New Ross....is Norumbega

The End

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

New Ross....is Norumbega

The End

"no evidence of human modification"

This is what 2 archeologists that looked at the Herm stone had to say about it.

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other

Two archaeologists who missed the obvious cross cut into the stone and did no field research on the surrounding area.

Seems to me that their work was like having a dentist tell you that you don't have any cavities because they didn't see any while you were in the waiting room.

What did or did not happen at New Ross is unknown to me. But, I think that if you base your conclusion on a single bit of data (which can easily be argued as incompetent) such as this, you limit yourself tremendously.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I find this quite interesting and actually surprising. Some time ago I looked at the stone first hand and while not seeing a carved cross on it (I'm not saying there was never a cross it could have worn off) it sure looked like it was worked at one time. Its not a naturally shaped stone. If the archeologists were talking about the herm stone at New Ross then they were obviously very biased. That or blind.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

New Ross....is Norumbega

The End

Its my understanding that the present owners of the property at New Ross feel that the Herm stone was brought to the property from somewhere nearby. At least that's what they are saying on their facebook page as best that I can remember.

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
Pippin,

Having seen the herm stone and been on the site, thank you for your input.
I am surprised that you don't recall the cross on the stone. I'm not referring to the faded-at-best image that the TV show highlighted, but the small cross at the top that is located on the top surface, rather than the "facing" surface.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pippin,

Having seen the herm stone and been on the site, thank you for your input.
I am surprised that you don't recall the cross on the stone. I'm not referring to the faded-at-best image that the TV show highlighted, but the small cross at the top that is located on the top surface, rather than the "facing" surface.

I'll be honest here. No I didn't see a cross anywhere on the stone. Try as might and I looked real hard at various angles to see the cross as shown on the OI show but its too faded. However the stone was absolutely worked by someone. Its not natural.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But, I think that if you base your conclusion on a single bit of data (which can easily be argued as incompetent) such as this, you limit yourself tremendously.

I am limiting myself because 2 archeologists looked at the stone and said it was not altered by human hands?,,,,and now I believe it was not a worked stone.

Don't pay any attention to what experts have to say about an object.Is that what I have to do to not limit myself and fit in with others lines of thinking?
Where do you draw the line when you start disregarding facts?

There has not been one artifact found at New Ross that has any connection to the 14th century.2 archeologists dismissed the whole site as 19th century.Another archeologist owned the property at some point and did his own excavations and found nothing significant.
Do I need to throw all this out also?

Throw me a bone here........do I believe everything Joan Harris has written about this site or just some things?

How exactly am I supposed to believe this is a 14th century site when there is not a single shred of evidence to support this even though many people have been trying for roughly 50 years now and have absolutely nothing to help prove their case.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Right and the Cross added at the top and the cryptic writing on the face isnt anything of value to forensic science.........

Helm Stone.jpg

The same Archaeologists in Canada in the past have claimed the Bedford Barrens Carving is an "Aboriginal depiction of a man dragging a vagina behind him"

OakIslandPetroglyph.LenikDrawing.JPG

So I am not too impressed with the written history of the times concerning this mystery.....

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right and the Cross added at the top and the cryptic writing on the face isnt anything of value to forensic science.........

View attachment 1417104

The same Archaeologists in Canada in the past have claimed the Bedford Barrens Carving is an "Aboriginal depiction of a man dragging a vagina behind him"

So I am not too impressed with the written history of the times concerning this mystery.....

I thought you ment the Celtic Herm stone...or is this the one you ment?

Your posts are very confusing when nothing you post can stand alone and needs drawings or other pictures of unrelated stuff to try and make your point.

I have no idea what the drawing of a cross or a building or whatever that drawing is supposed to be or how it relates to the rock on it's left.
Maybe if you post pictures of rocks and add in a few pictures of Carrie Underwood along side them I could focus better about what you are trying to prove.Pictures of a celebrity have as much merit as any of the other pictures or drawings you use to compare rocks.

Attachments

• herm stone.jpg
    herm stone.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
cbherm0.jpg

Here is a photo by J. Hope of the stone as they first found it in the yard. On the top of the stone, which is on the left as viewed here, is a cross. It appears to be within a circle and seems quite visible; Joan describes it as "deeply carved."
The other markings on the stone, according to Joan, have been enhanced with blue powder.

Pippin, it is the clarity of the cross in this photo that made me surprised that it wasn't visible when you saw the stone.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Now we have something I think we can all look at and you can post your thoughts after I post all the info.
Take a look at the Herm stone and the Z or N stone . Joan said the Herm looked like it was part of the Z stone once. So if we connect each we have a object that looks like something in the top of the picture. Could this be a Templar Grave . cbplanofpits.jpg Taken from Joan's web site. Lets keep this talk on this stone until we all agree on something . This stone is the key to everything. I have the answer if you want to stay with this stone .

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I talked to Ron Harris about this stone last year and I asked him if the cross on the front ran all the way down to the bottom of the stone and the answer was yes. That would make it not a cross but a sword . Their is one way to prove this is for TIM to dig it up and check it out. If there is a line all the way down this is a PLATE for a Templar Grave. Why carve a line all the way down then bury 1/2 of it to stand it up right. If there is a line all the way down then this was to lie down and that make this a grave. If the line runs on to the Z stone then that's the proof they were one stone once.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK , you still don't think this is a Templar Grave so lets take a look at some in Europe. 1906-find.jpg penhill%20mini%20grave.jpg slabs-x-door-of-st-marys1.jpg Its going to be hard for someone to bash this info but I am sure they will try . I see a Templar Grave Site at the location of the Z stone but not a grave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK , You still don't think this is a grave site . Did I tell you the Herm and the Z stone both are on the arms of the cross on the Tree of Life. The Z stone is on the right hand side and the Herm is on the left hand side of the cross. Ya we have a cross on site just like Nolans Cross on Oak Island. Ya I have more proof but for now let's start the Bashing :BangHead:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go again...showing images from another site and somehow equating them as proof of your discovery. The loss of credibility continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread