Ten 1933 Double Eagles Found!!!

OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Sorry, I didn't realize someone else had posted a link to this article but I would still like to know what everyone thinks.

OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
I agree Mark. Here is just one more example of someone trying to do the right thing and getting screwed in the process. The moral of the story is: Our government is always here to help (themselves). HH.

B

Barelyclad

That blows!!
Now who's the greedy party here? We'll just look at them to see if they're real, oops they fell into our pockets. What has the government got to lose on this deal?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
One thing I don't get ( I get it, I just don't like it. ) about this story is the fact that, that king over in Egypt was allowed, or able to sell his coin that no-one is supposed to have for 7.9 Million Dollars... If the reason they took her coins is because they weren't supposed to leave the mint, and no-one was supposed to have any of the coins. Why didn't they confiscate the good ol' Kings coin?

If the coins were stolen, I don't feel she should get any compensation, and the coins should stay in the puplic eye, but they should confiscate the kings coin also...
I hope that King don't see this... ;D Bring' em on... >:(

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are my coins, I lost them in a past life. They should give me my coins back!

If it is stolen property, then stolen property is returned to the rightfull owner. (Being the Mint Co.)

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread