Tenn. Trio Back in the Saddle at U.S. CW Camp-Canister, Bullets, & More TODAY!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tenn. Trio Hunt TODAY & My First Video!!

We finally got Dman to leave the golf course so the Tennessee Trio could reunite for our first fall hunt together at a U.S. camp in Tennessee. We invited Tennessee Digger and Julia to hunt with us but they had other activities planned today. Two pics are of Josh and Dman with their first finds of the day. Josh walked 20 ft. from the truck and dug a 3 ringer (we call him the “Relic Vacuum Cleaner”). Dman had a surprised look on his face and was puzzled to dig a large iron canister ball. None of us expected one to show up there as artillery relics are few and far between in that camp. He got my vote for find of the day. Josh only had 1.5 hours to hunt today so Dman and I hunted another 45 mins. after he left. The next pic is of Josh’s finds for the hunt today and the pic of relics in the Ryker box with blue background are his recoveries from a solo hunt at a CSA camp last Sat. & Sun.
The pic with the round bridle or harness ring in the top center is of the combined finds that Doug and I recovered today. We all dug eagle button backs and Doug recovered a button with the front in fragile condition. The fertilized field has not been kind to buttons. It was a cool morning with bright sunshine and it felt great to be out hunting with my friends today. I never take that for granted. HH from the Trio, Quindy.

My first video:

Attachments

• Josh 9-19-12.jpg
    Josh 9-19-12.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 130
  • Doug 9-19-12.jpg
    Doug 9-19-12.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Josh 9-19-12 (2).jpg
    Josh 9-19-12 (2).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Josh, CS camp 9-16,17 2012.jpg
    Josh, CS camp 9-16,17 2012.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 138
  • Dman & VOL 9-19-12.jpg
    Dman & VOL 9-19-12.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Upvote 4

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, and glad to see that the video made it up ok. Any ideas what the long, thin relic is in the photo with the pocket knife?

You know, it's funny where those cannister shot turn up. My buddy KFB dug one in a picket post in KY we were hunting years ago, and it was the only one in the whole field. Such a strange find to just find one. Wonder why they would've been carrying them around as a single piece...

Regards,

Buckles

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great stuff, and glad to see that the video made it up ok. Any ideas what the long, thin relic is in the photo with the pocket knife?

You know, it's funny where those cannister shot turn up. My buddy KFB dug one in a picket post in KY we were hunting years ago, and it was the only one in the whole field. Such a strange find to just find one. Wonder why they would've been carrying them around as a single piece...

Regards,

Buckles

Thanks !F69 and Greg. Glad you enjoyed everything and good luck to you hunters, Q.

Thanks for your format help BB. We are thinking the long brass item is a long range rifle sight as it has a hinge at the bottom and seems to be the right length. What do you think Buck? HH, Q.

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking relics guys! Nice work on the video as well.8-)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Quindy. It is nice to click in here and see you guys at it again. And now you are all on video. Timeless. Enjoyed watching it. Thank you again for your help the other day. I appreciate it. Good hunt good friends. Have a great season.
HH
TnMtns

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Great work on the recoveries and Vid!
Enjoyed seeing your variety of finds, Love the Lib Cap, Buttons and the Apoth Weight :hello2:
I was baffled when I first saw those symbols.... ii scruples lol
HH to you! Herbie :hello:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tenn Trio , WTG on getting an early jump on some 2012 Fall hunting :cool: Enjoyed the vid as well .. so yeah, well done !!

CMDdawg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks my friends Richard, Herbie, & Dawg!! I'll try my hand at filming while actually digging but while I'm filming, Dman and TENNJOSH will be getting ahead of me in the relic count-LOL. Good luck this Fall, gentlemen, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread