Tenn. Trio CW Hunt: Carved Chess Piece, GS Eagle Button, J Hook, + 19 Bullets...

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The Tennessee Trio decided to get in a short 3 hour hunt at an Indiana & Ohio Infantry and 2nd Michigan Cavalry camp this morning. Even though a good soaking rain would enhance finding deep relics there, we did okay. Josh found a coat size eagle button in the picture (not cleaned) but didn’t buy lunch again-LOL. My best find was a 3 ringer carved into a chess piece. The temperature was in the 50s, no rain, everyone dug relics, and we all saved a little history and added a few more relics to our display boxes from that camp while we enjoyed hunting together. What’s not to like? HH, from the Tennessee Trio and have a great weekend, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0166 (640x499).jpg
    DSCN0166 (640x499).jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN0169 (640x557).jpg
    DSCN0169 (640x557).jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0170 (640x538).jpg
    DSCN0170 (640x538).jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 1

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, this is a family-friendly site.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video and saves - as always!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome saves, Quindy. The carved bullet is a sweet find. I love finding those carved bullets.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are always on it. That carved bullet will look great with all the others you have collected. A cuff size button? Not bad at all. I would have gotten that horse shoe :) Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.
HH
TnMtns

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tenn Trio should have their own relic hunting show. You guys are like hound dogs. By that I mean in appearance. LOL.
Awesome finds Quindy, Doug, & Josh. Can you at least save me a horseshoe to dig up?
Keep them videos coming!!!
-MM-

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with MM, you guys need your own relic hunting show!!! Another great hunt!!!Congrats on the carved bullet; another one to add to your collection. Way to go, Breezie

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy, you guys keep tearing it up...nice. My wife got a chuckle out of the pic of your "chess piece". Can't wait to see what else you guys get this season. Dman killed me with that Texas button....any pre or CW era Texas button is at the top of my relic find wish list...even over a CS buckle if you can believe that..and he's got one of those too...GRRRRRRRR

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That carved chesspiece is GREAT! Wouldn't it be amazing to have enough of those in one's collection too be able to sit down and play a game with them!

As always, nice video, my friend.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice haul guys

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That was an enjoyable hunt. I wished I could have stayed after the hunt so Josh could buy my lunch.LOL Maybe by 2015 I will get another chance for him to buy my lunch.
Dman

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Job well done Quindy ! I like that chess peice as well thats awesome ! I was over in your neck of the woods over thanksgiving visiting my duaghter and my grand daughter over close to knoxville ,morristown area ... anyway nice saves !

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent hunt as always, The chess piece is great, relics like this to me,is like a soldier made you something personal for you to discover in your time of History.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Quindy. I got your email and that carved bullet is nice. Love carved bullets as it is a more personal item. I have also dug several of those pocket knives. I don't think they had small ones back then as they all seem to be pretty big.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Enjoyed the video (as always) and enjoyed seeing you at the big civil war show today. Thanks so very much for the paperweight. That is nice! Tennessee digger

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Richard W., Richard B.,Matt, WF13, IF69, CSA2K, Bill (Nova Treasure), & S &C. We appreciate you taking time to look and reply.
Modern Miner (DUG), we saved you half a well worn horsehoe to find in January and we promise not to dig it-LOL. HH my friend, Q.
Breezie, if we had our own show it would be a comedy sit-com-LOL. HH, Q.

Bill (Sekypaleo), Doug and I were having a discussion about finding really good relics recently. I think 90% can be attributed to LOCATION & LUCK!! HH, Q.

BB, It would take a lot of hunting to complete a chess set. We can dream. I have dreamed about digging 15 Spanish Silvers in a field filled with Gumbo-LOL. I got you hunt update by voice mail. Congrats to Shane. Q.

Dman (Doug), we may not live long enough for both of us to get a free lunch from Josh. Q.

Randy, carved bullets do have a special meaning. I agree-they are one of the nicest relics to dig Bud. HH, Q.

Donnie, I had fun at the show with you, Julia, Mike McTaggart, Robert McDaniel, Rafael, Larry, Nick & Lara, Charlie & Teresa Harris, and all the magazine staff members. Glad you are feeling better. I bet you perked up from the flu when you dug that eagle staff officer's button last week-LOL. Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread