Tennessee Colors

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I thought I'd take a few shots in my front yard just before I put myself on restricted duty to try and get the knee to heal. It appeared we were going to have a blah Fall as a result of the drought. However, we had just enough rain before it got cold to produce some great colors. Thought I'd share them with you.

here's a few shots of the Maples in my yard:

Maple 01.JPG

Maple 02.JPG

Then one of a Dogwood and then both a Dogwood and Maple

Dogwood 01.JPG

Dogwood and Maple.JPG

Then I thought it was pretty how my Lily of the Valley's had colored up and then just laid over:

Lilies of the Valley.JPG

And of course the end result of all the Fall colors:

Leaves everywhere.JPG

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Pretty series Wes,even the ones that have to be picked up . I hope your knee heals Quickly for you.
Van

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thanks for the comments Van.

As for the knee, I came to the realization I moved too quickly towards getting back to a normal routine. Plan now is to take at least a week and do what I should have done 3 weeks ago; NOTHING! ::)

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Yeah, I know you're just aching to get out there and do all that raking! LOL Pretty colors, by the way.

vicki

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some brilliant colors. No trip to the Smokeys this year, so I have to rely on pics of the area from y'all.

Wes, take it easy on that knee...the leaves are not going anywhere. When you find the time, blow them off to the side with a blower & run the lawnmower over it. Your flowers will love the mulch. Stay off that knee!!

;) RR

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
wesfrye53 said:
Thanks for the comments Van.

As for the knee, I came to the realization I moved too quickly towards getting back to a normal routine. Plan now is to take at least a week and do what I should have done 3 weeks ago; NOTHING! ::)
Sounds like a good plan Wes.Like others have said all that stuff will wait.
Van

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got me there Wes, I was expecting the 'Volunteers'. ;D
Nice colors.

Fossis................

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
River Rat said:
Some brilliant colors. No trip to the Smokeys this year, so I have to rely on pics of the area from y'all.

Wes, take it easy on that knee...the leaves are not going anywhere. When you find the time, blow them off to the side with a blower & run the lawnmower over it. Your flowers will love the mulch. Stay off that knee!!

;) RR
RR...I always mulch the leaves and put them back in the ground. Unfortuantely, the brake on the mower is on the left side so I'll just blow them into a pile and cut 'em up when the knee can handle it ;)
fossis said:
You got me there Wes, I was expecting the 'Volunteers'. ;D
Nice colors.

Fossis................
Now Fossis, my blood may be ORANGE but I don't wish to overwhelm ya with the Vols; you might turn into a fan ::)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
beautiful Wes! I am jealous! Around here everything just turns grey! lol I must admit some have planted trees in their yards that turn pretty colors but nothing like the scenery you folks have around there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread