Tennessee Rodeo

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Last night I drove a Shrine Group to Cookeville, Tennessee where the Putnam County Shrine Club was hosting a Rodeo. I was a bit excited as I had never seen one live. Being part of the opening festivities, the only picture I took among these is the last one so please forgive the lack of clarity.

There's always Clowns around at a Shrine event and here's a few that wanted to be Rodeo clowns:

Rodeo Clown Wannabes.jpg

Here's one trying to lasso......something....

Sparky.jpg

Finally, the festivities begin with a Grand Parade:

Grand Parade.jpg

Some of us got to ride in a wagon pulled by a pair of matched mules and were introduced to the crowd. Even though it's not very clear you can see a number of us haven't missed too many meals:

A well fed bunch.jpg

Well, our clowns never did impress the folks enough to get on the other side of the fence so they spent the rest of the evening entertaining themselves:

Still banned to the sidelines.jpg

Now let me explain why there are no pictures of the actual Rodeo. I am going to have some type of surgery on my left knee (after 2 on my right knee) and when I got off the wagon to flirt with a cute little cowgirl, the wagon jerked as I climbed back on and I twisted the left knee even more. So....I spent the rest of the evening sprawled out in the van in misery. Guess that's my reward for flirtin'

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What'd you go and get hurt for Wesley? :'( I guess you better leave those cowgirls alone from now on. 8)

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a great time. :)

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Wes, get better soon, we'll be thinking of you.

Fossis................

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Err.....is that really Just Mona?...or could it be an imposter? ::)

Thanks for the well wishes Fossis and Just Mona...or whoever you are!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Wes, are you sure it wasn't the cowgirls cowboy boyfriend driving that wagon? Be careful would you please?

Thanks for the pictures, looks like there was allot of clowning around going on!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great pics. Looks like a lot of fun. Where are pics of the cowgirl ;D ;D. Get well soon. Keep you in our prayers.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
I enjoyed your pictures Wes,neat event. Hope your leg gets better for you.
Van

swampfox

Feb 19, 2007
orangeburgh,south carolina
Detector(s) used
ace 250 and others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey wes i know just how u feel . my knees hurt me all the time so take it easy and rub some pure castor oil on it . it does wonders. hope u hve good luck with the operation. hh swampfox

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thanks for all the well wishes...I sure wasn't looking for sympathy but I am really appreciative of all of your comments. I explained what happened to explain why there weren't more pics of the rodeo...I just couldn't do it. >:(

Many, many thanks to a fantastic group of folks!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still great pics, Wes! Hey the bull could had charged ya, or stepped on by a horse. Sorry, your knee is giving you problems. Rest up!! Too much excitement for ya! :D

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread