Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha dont give up

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha,tell me about it! We had a wonderful wet Spring so the digging then wasn't too bad but the last few days has been hotter than four hells so the ground has turned to an impenetrable turf.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe you don't like our rock-hard red clay!

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol I'm from Ten-uh-C! Where you digging? East part of the state? Pretty rocky over there!

I live in west TN, along the Mississippi River valley, pretty soft soil on my side! I'm sorry bro!

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I'm from Ten-uh-C! Where you digging? East part of the state? Pretty rocky over there!

I live in west TN, along the Mississippi River valley, pretty soft soil on my side! I'm sorry bro!

Western Knoxville. I was there for training and left Thursday night. It had been raining all week so soil was dark red sticky clay with rocks mixed in. Toughest digging I've ever witnessed and I use a Sampson T-handle to boot.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are some parts that are pretty tough to dig in but I have found most places pretty easy digging. Where were you digging? Parks, Schools, etc. I could have sent you to a park that is from the 1800's that has always given up some wheats and silver. If you ever come back let me know and I can give you some places to go that will be pretty easy digging as long as we have some rain. The ground does get hard as concrete when dry.

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some parts that are pretty tough to dig in but I have found most places pretty easy digging. Where were you digging? Parks, Schools, etc. I could have sent you to a park that is from the 1800's that has always given up some wheats and silver. If you ever come back let me know and I can give you some places to go that will be pretty easy digging as long as we have some rain. The ground does get hard as concrete when dry.

Sounds great TH. I went to Tyson park. Didn't feel real safe by myself in unknown area. I'll be back up in October.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have hunted Tyson park before and never had any luck. You are right in that it is in a not so good area. Even though that park is old I just have not had found anything old. Send me a pm next time you head this way and I can put you on some good spots where I have found wheats, silver and rings. If I am free that weekend I can have you join me on a relic hunt.

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great sounds good. HH

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ... every time my wife asks me dig a hole for some new plant she can't live without I about have a heart attack. You have to pick ax first and then use shovel to remove a thimble full of dirt and then repeat as needed. I always go to store and get a 6-pack 1st. (I suggest Coors Light) it helps with my attitude. Now when I'm MD'ing and get a good hit.... that's different for some reason (go figure)... Brad

Dave P

Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have found that when I am hunting on red hard clay and get a good target hit, I use a railroad spike that I dug up once and pound it into the ground with the rear end of my hatchet or a hammer. That really breaks open a chunk of clay and gets you closer to your target. Other than that, get an ex cal 2 and go into the fresh water and do some soft sand digging. Good luck.
Oh yeah, if your planing on hunting TVA waters and property don't do it, the archaeologist put a stop to that. No more permits for hunting TVA property. That really sucks.
I also read that the State of Florida is getting ready to vote in October on no metal detecting on beaches in Florida. Nice government we have ehhh ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I already heard about TVA! Well I don't live in Florida so I can't comment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread