Tensions In Syria Fuel Gold Price Rally!

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Gold Bullion By Post:

"Wednesday 28th August saw the gold price rally to a 3 month high peaking above £920 per Ounce sparked by rising tensions over the situation in Syria. With a imminent military strike looking increasingly likely investors were quick to react by adding more physical gold to their portfolios."

What is happening in Syria is truly horrendous with the recent Chemical Weapon attack and something must be done, a very tricky situation and one certainly on a knife edge with the Russians and Chinese not wanting western intervention, a pity we cannot get a ceasfire for a few months, evacuate every non combatant to a nearby country and leave the combatants to it ... military intervention in Syria is a whole different ball game than Libya and a decision not to be taken lightly, it could be the trigger to much, much worse Worldwide!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how quick Things Dropped off again :laughing7:

Little bit of a Rise, Profit taking, & right back down.

Attachments

• Untitledll.jpg
    Untitledll.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes looks like it Jeff, any bit of news for an excuse for people to profit!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess just someone on the inside.

Haven't seen anything mentioned yet

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just found this from Kitco, I haven't taken time to read yet

AM-PM Roundup with Jim Wyckoff

as far as Syria ? Didn't prices start rising before the Syria mess ?

anyway Perhaps nobody trusts the market right now, & this is why they sold short, But
in my opinion, only ones I see making profits on such a small rise,
had to be billionaires (Banks) who owned tons . am I wrong ?

& no matter what they say, The U.S. Dollar stronger ? no way.
if it was, Gas should be $2.00 a Gallon

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find Jeff. I am paid in US$ and it certainly isn't as strong as it was several years ago... hopefully it will gain strength soonest!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unfortunately I believe that ship has sailed, But it would be nice :unhappysmiley:

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
The mess in Syria is two years running. I hope it stops, brother is going to be deployed if we get in a mess /:
I was surprised to see silver drop. I'm thinking the parliaments of Germany and England voting no to a strike on Syria might have changed the movement of silver.
Happy stackin
Wicka

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From Gold Bullion By Post:

"Wednesday 28th August saw the gold price rally to a 3 month high peaking above £920 per Ounce sparked by rising tensions over the situation in Syria. With a imminent military strike looking increasingly likely investors were quick to react by adding more physical gold to their portfolios."

What is happening in Syria is truly horrendous with the recent Chemical Weapon attack and something must be done, a very tricky situation and one certainly on a knife edge with the Russians and Chinese not wanting western intervention, a pity we cannot get a ceasfire for a few months, evacuate every non combatant to a nearby country and leave the combatants to it ... military intervention in Syria is a whole different ball game than Libya and a decision not to be taken lightly, it could be the trigger to much, much worse Worldwide!
Actually, as of 4:00 PM Mountain time, today, gold is down more than $20.00 over the last 2 days.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread