teradactyl? other ideas?

Joshua donegan

May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have come to the conclusion that this is a complete fossilized teradactyl egg pod, just curious to other ideas and possible buyers

ForumRunner_20130508_130918.png

ForumRunner_20130508_130957.png

ForumRunner_20130508_130853.png

ForumRunner_20130508_125712.png

ForumRunner_20130508_125754.png

OP
OP
Joshua donegan

Joshua donegan

May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fer lookin out but i don't mind the negative just makes me look harder for the positive n where do u start when lookin for certification of said artifacts ?

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
First they need to be "said artifacts" . Where do you come to your conclusion that it's a egg pod to begin with ??? I can see what looks like a layered rock , but raised flakes or chip layers doe not compute to eggs . I suggest looking through Google search and contacting your local College for more information . Because what most of us see in your pictures is a rock ... you need to seek out more knowledgeable advice . IMHO , Woodstock

OP
OP
Joshua donegan

Joshua donegan

May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've been gone awhile n dang these pics do suck!! I see why no body gets what I'm trying to show. Bad pics n worse organization of them.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Joshua,

You do seem to have very strong interest in Rocks and Fossils, but so far haven't posted anything members could agree to be an actual artifact. Maybe we can change that?

What part of the country are you in? That makes a big difference on where to look and what you'd be looking for. With that info maybe we can get you on the road to some amazing finds!

OP
OP
Joshua donegan

Joshua donegan

May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm from the Mid West , more specific harrisonville Missouri

OP
OP
Joshua donegan

Joshua donegan

May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I realize my "finds" arnt the norm. And my thoughts are far from main stream but I find stuff all the time that looks just like people places and things for instance....

Attachments

• 1454529826951.jpg
    1454529826951.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
Joshua donegan

Joshua donegan

May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's just a rock but it's still a cool resemblance right?

OP
OP
Joshua donegan

Joshua donegan

May 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But in all reality. A petrified animal is not far fetched.? Fossils were more than likely the already dead and mostly decomposed befor fossilization/petrification why is it so impossible to have the entire animal preserved the same way. Although due to the massive pressure on soft tissue would leave them somewhat compacted and unoticble.. Would look like. A... Well rock??? But under close obsetlrvation it has every part of it's anatomy in place and intact. An egg is already compact so the disfigurement would be minimal. I mean it's possible to turn a tree into a rock why the heck not any other organic thing? Anyway maybe I'm wrong?? But I just explained the very REAL possibility. And the reason why it would go unrecognized by humans..?? Well gotta git to work But lemme know your thoughts on the theory and if ya got jokes or rude comments well .......... Have a nice day anyway :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions