Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
Recently bout the Tesoro outlaw. It comes stock with 3 coils a coin shooter, a 8in coil and a 9 by 10 coil. I have only used the 8 in coil and I was wondering if any of you guys know if the bigger 9 by 10 coil will pick up some of the smaller things my 8in coil will?

Yep the large DD coil works great:-)
Pinpointing isn't as easy though...
I prefer the 8" coil my self....

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's easier pinpointing with the 8" coil too. And the larger coil is slightly heavier. I think in a clean area the larger coil works great. As you get more and more trash go to,the smaller coils. The 5 3/4" coil is like swinging air it's so light.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone i know that hunts with the outlaw use the 8 inch i dont know why they dont use the DD

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Everyone i know that hunts with the outlaw use the 8 inch i dont know why they dont use the DD

I honestly don't like DD coils.
They sucks for pinpointing...
I'd use the DD if I was detecting a large field for relics... But for woods and coin shooting the 8" coil is the best for the job...

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Ya know... I would love to have a coil like the one on the Vaquero on my Outlaw...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread