tesero compadre or fisher f2

noobie

Jan 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter qd2 tesoro compadre Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
after my last post on the fisher f2 or garrett ace 250 i decided on fisher but then i started looking into the compadre i like the simplicity on it but should i go with the fisher f2 because of the pinpoint and the number things?

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
the f2 has 4 different tones,which is one reason I like it more than my 150.
the compadre has only one tone,you cant change the sensitivity or use different coils.
but with the compadre you can fine tune your discrimination,instead of the set level
a button gives you.all in all its a toss up.they are all good machines.
as a matter of fact I plan on getting a compadre this summer just for the heck of it.
you can download the manuals,to see what you like best.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
give white's a chance there detector have a sound all to there own
not cheesy like the rest of the low end

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both good beginner machines, I got an F2 to get my boys into the hobby, after very little use you don't need the pinpoint button so don't let that sway you're decision. I like the F2 over the others for the display of info like TID,Depth,battery left etc. Not that they are exact but a little more info to help you along, good luck:icon_thumright:

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as others have said, you can't go wrong with any of those machines, they all will find treasure, but I would go with the Tesoro, the fine disc. is a good option and it's pretty tight when it comes to zeroing in on the find, and I'm partial to Tesoro :)

HH
PTP

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL look back and I was debating the same issue. I drove to a dealer and played with the machines a bunch. when it came down to it I left with a F4 with a DD. 2 reasons in my opinion...I have beaches which required a way to ground balance and $100 dollars was not much more money!! I know that is not the case for everyone, but just one mans opinion!

PS I went with the DD because well.....ummmm....he was a good salesman!!

OP
OP
N

noobie

Jan 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have finally decided on the tesoro should get it Monday or Friday hopefully Friday since I got two hunts coming up this weekend.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know how it works for you, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Good luck in the hunts!

PTP

OP
OP
N

noobie

Jan 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you gl hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread