Tesoro advice please - Stingray II vs Tiger Shark

Canadian_zuk

Tenderfoot
Sep 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, this is my 1st real post on the board. I have a bit of a dilema, I sent my Tesoro Stingray II in for service and have just been informed they cannot repair it due to acid damage on one of the two circuit boards. Darn it! They have offered me a discount on a new Tesoro Tiger Shark if I surrender my old Stingray II. My other option is to get my Stingray back and patiently search for the circuit board on the used market (probably not likely to find one). Even with the discount the Tiger Shark is still a lot of money, I would like to take advantage of the dicount but only if it's practical.

Opinions on the Tiger Shark?
Is there anyone here who is using one of these units? Would you buy the same machine again?
I have read they are very good at detecting small gold items but how are they with Canadain coins?
Is there another Tesoro product that would be more desirable? (I believe I can apply the discount to any of their products)

Thank you in advance, CZ

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For freshwater, the Tiger Shark is a superior machine, and an improvement over the Stingray. Since you are obviously the original owner, they are giving you a below wholesale price on the new machine - JUMP ON IT! It is very sensitive to Canadian coinage when discrimination is set up properly. :skullflag:

And Welcome to the forum from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my Tiger Shark for nine years and just love it. I have used it both in the water and on land, and it will find any kind of metal but it does especially well at finding tiny gold. I have found gold chains and tiny tiny gold pendants and earrings with it, as well as a whole lot of coins and jewelry.

OP
OP
C

Canadian_zuk

Tenderfoot
Sep 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies and input, I've decided to go ahead with the Tiger Shark upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread