tesoro concentric coil

roobinjake

Oct 17, 2014
south east kent uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro gold sabre ,toltec100 ,cutlass umax,vintage cscope3300,,fieldmaster55, fieldmaste44,fisher mscope1210x, cscopecs990xd, toltec 80 ,fieldmaster fm250, lobo supertrq , bandido ,vintage bounty hunt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
iv,e just got a toltec 80 with a 8 1/2 " concentric coil ,not the hollow centre type ,but the same as the 8 1/2" wide scan i have seen the seven inch, but not this size, the label reads concentric discriminator ,has anyone out there seen one of this size ,i have got a few tesoros but never seen one with this size coil.

regards

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it the same size that comes on the Compadre?

OP
OP
roobinjake

roobinjake

Oct 17, 2014
south east kent uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro gold sabre ,toltec100 ,cutlass umax,vintage cscope3300,,fieldmaster55, fieldmaste44,fisher mscope1210x, cscopecs990xd, toltec 80 ,fieldmaster fm250, lobo supertrq , bandido ,vintage bounty hunt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no i think the compadre had the smaller one, it measures 8 1/2" across same as the wide scan takes the same coil cover, must be one of tesoros early coils,works really well on all types of soil ,likes small silver hammerd coins etc,
thanks for reply.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think there is a 5 1/2" coil for the Compadre which I had, and a larger one. I am not sure of the larger one's size.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking you're right. Earlier coil. I've got an 11" solid marked the same way, but when I got it I could only find an 11" widescan listed anywhere.
luvsdux

OP
OP
roobinjake

roobinjake

Oct 17, 2014
south east kent uk
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea thats what i found, perhaps they run out of labels and used the others.cant see much difference between the wide scan and this solid one with concentric label on,i cant see if there is anyway of telling,they seem to have same responce on a air test , iv,e tried the both on my other tesoros not much difference if any, jake

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions