Tesoro Deleon

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just did a hunt with my DeLeon with a friend who was using his AT pro I had a 5.75 concentic on my machine and he was using his stock coil. I did a little comparing of the two machines for my brothers benefit because he is thinking about getting an AT pro.
The two machines ran real stable around each other and for the most part they ran stable in the ground. There were only a few places were they began to chatter and act up. However both were about the same on these trashy sites.
As far as numarical read outs go they both performed about the same. I compared numerous signals between the two and both machines i.d. was close. They both read in the same range on numbers for zinc, tabs and foil. The AT is a little more spread out across the higher conductive numbers. 83 for dime 85 for quarter and so forth. The DeLeon is 95 for all coins above zinc.
I would have to give the nod to the AT for features. It has a programable notch and different notch modes like coin, jewelry and so forth. It also has tones which is nice. Both machines have a depth guage.
On the subject of depth, this one was a close call. We tested them over a piece of buried iron by lifting the coil to see when each machine would cut out. It was to close to tell.
When it comes to the features of the DeLeon, I really like the all metal toggle switch. When I get a target that I am not sure about I toggle to all metal and this really helps with iron ID. The meter settles and shows you when it is iron.
I will say that with the batties under the arm rest, the DeLeon is the best balanced detector I have owned, and it is very light weight.
All in all they both performed very much the same. The AT has more features and tones. but the price is higher. The DeLeon is light weight and has all metal capability that can be used along with the screen. I would buy either machine if I had a chance. I really like my little DeLeon and it is my go to machine now. It is very accurate and sensitive. Wheatymike

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Deleon is my everyday detector.I also occasionally use my girlfriends At pro. As far as comfort goes ,the deleon wins . The at pro is heavy. These two are pretty precise on coins .A dime shows as a dime..etc. As can slaw also shows as dimes and quarters. The Deleon is a no nonsense turn on and go find stuff machine ,and it does it well. At pro is a little more complicated . Standard mode ,which Garrett properly abbreviated as STD,as it is a disease on this machine. at pro in pro mode does a great job going deep . The Deleon goes deep very well. Thumbs up as the at is waterproof ,but I still like my Deleon as my favorite. Watch the numbers on the deleon,more accurate than the smudges under object symbols. The bigger the smudge,the more likely you get a correct id.

Last edited:

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can slaw is all over the map on all machines I have used. This stuff is my most disliked kind of trash. At least with a pulltab, you can for the most part tell what they are by were they disc out. With this can slaw depending on the size and shape they are all over the map. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread