Tesoro Linvincible ??

oldbill

Mar 25, 2006
Re: Tesoro L'invincible ??

They have the Laser metal detectors in the UK that are upgraded tesoros I just don't know why Tesoro can't put out a good detector without it having to be upgraded. Like an American Tejon can be upgrade in the UK to be a great detector which was not a very good detector to start with for mineralized ground. Bill

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
Re: Tesoro L'invincible ??

oldbill said:
They have the Laser metal detectors in the UK that are upgraded tesoros I just don't know why Tesoro can't put out a good detector without it having to be upgraded. Like an American Tejon can be upgrade in the UK to be a great detector which was not a very good detector to start with for mineralized ground. Bill

Metal detector technology has pretty much maxed out and today most dealers know this well.

What we're getting today are mostly psychological gimmicks designed to make buyers think they're getting something super great in the latest new model of their favorite brand.

Gary in the U.K. is one dealer who does a pretty good job of telling it as it is:
http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/tesoro_tejon_information.htm

Most of the top machines are close in depth in some situations. At difficult sites only a handful stand out as supreme.

We all have our personal ideas and I'm no different in that regard. I think the 2 greatest detectors made today are the Tesoro Tejon and Minelab Sovereign GT. Of these two I'd rate the GT better. The GT has more modern technology and it's deeper than the Tejon (in my opinion).

But I've dug IH's to 9-10 inches deep with the Tejon. They were just a light whisper but discernible.

These two machines are no-nonsense detectors. The Tejon is more fun to use because it's super fast, light weight, and simple to operate. The GT is a bit heavy and slower responding but it's deeper than the Tejon in some soils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread