Tesoro Mojave Goes Beep Over Canadian Silver Dime

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After some great Father's Day hugs, text messages, yadda-yadda-yadda, I snuck out with my latest Tesoro and went to a local park across the street. Knowing I didn't have a lot of time, and hoping it wouldn't rain, I set the Disc on the Mojave to near max, pumped the sensitivity up to about 5.5, using low mineral setting, and got to swinging. Ten-minutes click by, nothing. Actually looked down to make sure the freaking machine was on!

Two-minutes later got a hard hit! Dug the plug, flipped it back, and there she was at 6". My last Canadian silver (quarter) was at least three years ago, so this was a nice plug. :skullflag:

Attachments

• P1060106.JPG
    P1060106.JPG
    545.5 KB · Views: 81
  • P1060104.JPG
    P1060104.JPG
    554.9 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 11

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You made me want a Mojave. Nice find.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz Terry!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's awful pretty. Nice find.

And yeah, I was invited to a father's day affair I can't get out of. The funny thing is, it's not even from my kids. A lady friend of mine texted me an invite for crabs and fishing with her and her kids (no Dad in the picture).
I kinda' wanted to hunt treasure today. She already spent the money so I have to go. Funny thing is, I don't even like crabs too much anymore. I got crabbed out a few years back when I used to go crabbing almost every weekend. Got sick of picking the damn things. If I never see another crab I won't mind a bit.

But we sometimes gotta' do what we gotta' do. Her heart is in the right place and I just can't allow her to go through all of the trouble for nothing. Had I known I would have told her but it was a surprise.
Hopefully we can find a fishing spot where I can hunt treasure. It still may end up being a perfect Father's day....

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the Canadian silver

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find! :occasion14:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, quit screwin' around with some 50% crap Canada dime and show us what you really found :laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread