Tesoro Mojave Injun Pounds Nickels And Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I messed around and got a late start today because of the early morning rain. I decided to go to the girl's house that's next door to the cookie lady's house and see what I could dig up. Both were at work so I could concentrate on finding some good stuff.

I set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out a nail, full sensitivity and set the ground condition switch set to 'low'. The same settings that I always use. The little Mojave ran as smooth as silk.

I ended up finding 14 nickels, 3 of which were silver War Nickels, and 4 wheat pennies. The only silver dime that I found was a 1919 Mercury Dime. It was only an inch or so deep, because it was sitting on top of a root.

After finishing up the front yard, I headed for the back yard. Keeping in mind that the 2 killer dogs were safely put away in the house. It was getting to be around noon and I wasn't finding anything but a few clad coins and lots of can slaw.

I got to thinking, since she keeps the dogs in the house while she is at work, it would only make sense that she would come home for lunch to let them out for a bathroom break. What if she forgot that I was back there? I couldn't concentrate on detecting so I left the backyard and went to detect the curb strip again across the street.

About 10 minutes later she drives up and gets out of her car. I walk across across the street and thanked her for letting me detect her yard and told her what I found. She said that her mother and step-father just got into detecting and each bought one another a detector for Christmas.

Anyhow, tired and wore out, I headed for the house knowing if there had been a gold ring in that yard it would have been mine. The little Mojave loves low conductors and it will nail a gold ring if I ever get my search coil over one.

Oh yeah, I found a big penny!

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 001.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 001.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 003.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 003.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 004.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 004.JPG
    680.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 006.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 006.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 007.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 007.JPG
    626.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 008.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 008.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 010.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 010.JPG
    620.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 011.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 011.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 027.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 027.JPG
    555.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 030.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 030.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Mojave - 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 001.JPG
    Mojave - 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 001.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 017.JPG
    Mojave 3 War Nickels - Rosie - Mercury 017.JPG
    411.5 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 6
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The silver streak continues, congratulations! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Tab! I pulled one of those pennies myself in town last year...I saw the "64" on the date and was sure I'd scored an 1864 something..that was until I cleaned it, revealing the "19" preceding it...congrats, you're killing that neighborhood! Keep it up...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread