tesoro operations

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
hello everyone just wondering if anyone can give me honest feedback on tesoro machine and how they operate. im currently using a bh discovery 3300 and i love it it deep enough for my needs it id fairly good and i find alot of good things with it however what it lacks is recovery speed i feel like i would like to add another machine to my bag of tools, not to replace my current machine i would be using it to come in for round two on a site pounded and pick out coin in between nails etc stuff that my bh will mask. so are the machines capable of doing this? what is the audio like ? how does and 8" dime sound? is it soft like a whisper or does it hit hard as long as it detected? when u sweep the coil does it chatter on every little piece of foil and trash like the at pro\gold does or is it pretty well silent except for solid targets? im just trying to get a feel if this machne will be a good fit for me and i dont have one to try so if anyone could give some insight id apperciate it. thanx guys

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Tesoros, most of them are single tone, but even with single tone you can hear the changes in the metal (once you learn it, it is all in the sound) and the recovery speed is fast and they are deep. The tejon has the most chatter but its a relic machine so its meant to run hot, the vaquero can get chatty if you super tune it , I personally think the outlaw would be the best for you. They would all hit good on an 8" dime in the right conditions.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Tesoro's are one of the best brands in the area of target separation and rapid recovery.
The 3300 is a good machine, it is a cousin to my F2, but it is well known that the recovery speed is not one of the features that anyone ever brags about.
The Tesoro's are way, way faster.
When I wanted to pick out a brand with a screen to also use the most important thing for me was to find a brand that matches the Tesoro's in this area and these 2 areas are still the most important features I look for on any detector I purchase.
Many that hunt pounded fields with much higher end machines have gone back with even the bottom line Compadre and find more targets that all others missed because they can pick through trash and iron.

They don't chatter on targets like yours or even my Fishers, but if your disc is set right you will pick up all targets no matter how many or how close.
The audio is a wonder in itself and those that never used them or did but never learned to understand the language keep saying these are beep and dig machines but that is far from the truth.
The language is full and rich and you might not believe how much information you can get from just that one tone, and by manipulating the disc knob on the 2 that I own, a Compadre and a Vaquero, I can tell much about most targets, whether they could be good or probably trash, and I have learned to do it to a degree that comes close if not matches the guesses that my Fishers give me with the information on the screen and in the audio clues.
There is indeed a difference in the sound between shallow and deep targets when at certain and normal settings, but on my Vaq if I supertune that thing will not have so much of that volume modulation but will reach depths close to the center of the earth.

Like any brand some "get" what the Tesoro language is and learn to understand it, some never do and knock them.
As much as that happens there is a huge amount of hunters that use these, love them and learned to use them well and go on to find just as much as the other units with meters and screens.
Learning to hunt with sound only can only be an asset to you no matter what types you choose to swing now or in the future.

Also, I think they are just a blast and so much fun to use it should be outlawed.

The vid is a short vid showing the target separation of my F2 and my 7" coil Compadre in a very trashy site.
There is some falsing going on with the F2, that is just the nature of the beast.
All the signals you hear using the Compadre are actual, real targets under the coil.
All Tesoros will work in a similar manner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PostalTwo

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
so what does a target sound like at the edge of detecton?faint? cilpped, choppy, other? if u deetect a target and then raise the coil does it slowly fade to nothing, or is it a its either ther or its not senario is 8" realistic on a silver dime in mild soil with the outlaw? im really gonna just set disc to knock out nails and dig everything that hits solid that usually the way i hunt for as long as i can stand it lol then i cherry pick

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
In disc and not supertuned at the edge of the detection field it should sound fainter and further away.
Could be a little choppy, all kinds of things happen out there but if it sees it they will let you know.
If you swing the coil over a solid target and slowly raise the coil on most good targets it stays solid and then just goes away.
On most junk targets it usually breaks up near the end.
Could be either/or on both kinds, but usually these rules hold on most of the thousands of targets I have dug up in my time shallow and deep.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put a dd coil on your
first Texas product and get the same results...

liftloop

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Tejon and sold it for high dollar detector and sold the high dollar and now own the Tejon again. I also have a silver U that I like in parks. Had the Tiger and wished I never sold that one as well and hope to get another. I tried following the hype of all the new stuff, but for me the Tesoro's are more than capable, easy to run, light, good backing, price, etc. The key is to learn the tone and how it is responding and they are hard to beat.

OP
OP
PostalTwo

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
put a dd coil on your
first Texas product and get the same results...

liftloop

ya im gonna get the fisher 11" dd coil for my machine i was just looking for a machine that was good with masking rather the lack of masking i need something to go in after i cleared most of it and find coins in nails my discovery 3300 rd is not what i would call fast its ok if i creep the coil my def not fast

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of my very first detectors is a Tesoro Eldorado , been threw alot of machine but my lil Eldorado is a keeper an finds things even when my MXT says its hunted out an FYI they love gold .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread