Tesoro Sand Shark stuck in F mode?

DannyDonkey

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my tesoro sand shark two weeks ago and have only taken it in the water three times before it broke. The different pitches, volume, battery check, and modes all work fine, however there is no fluctuation whatsoever to the tone that I am hearing when over metal objects. It is like it is stuck in F mode but it can still change pitch if done manually. I am somewhat disappointed as shipping from where I live back to tesoro will take a while and I will only be able to metal detect for two more months. I saw from reviews that the SS was a workhorse, and I washed it with freshwater after every use, stored it indoors, removed the batteries, and was very gentle with it. I am hoping that this is a lemon and will not happen again. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? I am going to send it back in, but I figured I would ask the forum before I do.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is "F" mode? There is "Normal" mode, and "VCO" mode. Are you expecting different tones for different types of metal? Not sure what you are describing..

OP
OP
D

DannyDonkey

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, I meant it is acting like being stuck in F-set, as the sound coming from the headphones is a constant tone, unchanging in pitch or volume regardless of what I do. I stuck my keys and bottle caps in front of my detector to test it and there is no response. Only the constant tone. I know it can change in pitch because I can do so in F-set, but it will not change due to metal.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not Good. Take out your battery pack, re-install it, before you turn on the machine put it in VCO mode - turn it on and see if it resets. If not, time to send it to Prescott, Arizona.:skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions