Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2013
fort payne alabama
Detector(s) used
whites dfx , tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning all,
well i just wanted to say a big thanks for the input from y'all about a recent post i did on a cobra beach magnet water detector. i listened to everyones advice and didn't buy one, and didn't really want to spend the extra money right now on a water detector but after long thought i bit the bullet and ordered me a sand shark. it arrived in the mail yesterday, and i can't wait to use it. thanks to all who replied. also had 1 other question : where can you buy the silicone gel for the face plate gasket? does it have to be a special type? i know this is important to keep this applied to maintain a waterproof seal. thanks again, dave d.

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave i used plumbers silicone GREASE comes in a small plastic container about the size of a rouge box. A little goes a long way.... its not a sealer like that in a tube its a lub.

Dew

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any basic hardware store will carry it. I grease my own about every other battery change. Congrats on the purchase of a Shark!

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Sand Shark came a couple of months ago with several little tubes included. Double check your box and documentation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread