Tesoro Silver arrived today!!!!!!!!

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
The used Silver Umax I purchased on E=Bay arrived today and after an hour in the yard.....I like it ;D Still need to spend alot of time learning the signals and settings but just sweeping over an area I've hunted with the Bounty several times I found two pennies and a dime I missed. Heading to a couple tot lots to practice tomorrow.
Happy Hunting...........

Upvote 0

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.
I have the same one and like it so far too.
About 2 weeks using it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Suckerpunched

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I've learned to set mine on foil, with the sens as high as it will go without chattering. When I get a signal I turn up the discrimination knob till I lose it then back it down abit. This will kinda tell you what is there,,,, if in doubt....dig it......
HH

The Digger

Jan 13, 2009
Buffalo NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax Tiger Shark
I have one too, the silver is one awesome machine! Pinpointing is right on center! This detector is just as good if not better then alot of the $600 TO $700 dollar detectors. One of the best in my book. I found a 1880 lemon squeezer Smith&Wesson handgun at 12 inches down.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. I've had one for years and really like it. It's the backbone of Teroro. Everytime they try to stop producing them people complain and they just have to keep making them. It's one of the best machines for the money. :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SilverUmax is my back up detector and sometimes my first line. It is a way more effective detector than the cost would indicate. I set mine just low enough that a pull tab will make a crackling sound but I know what it is, and then when I get a solid hit I work the discrimination level knob to try to figure out what it might be. The sensivity is set about half way or higher depending on the amount of interference I might have at a certain spot. Monty

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll love that machine as you get to know it. As mentioned, it's one of the best bangs for the buck on the market. With practice, thumbing the discrimination will give you nearly as much info as an ID machine. I do it all the time with several other Tesroro models. Even thought it's not a multi-toned machine you'll learn subtle differences in the single tone that help you decide it's trash or not.
HH
Bill

OP
OP
Suckerpunched

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I have used this silver for the last couple months(weather permitting) and love it. The absence of a display screen and multiple tone have been a learning curve but the discrimination is spot on. Would like a bit more depth, maybe a new coil or upgrade to the Vaquero?
HH

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
luvsdux said:
You'll love that machine as you get to know it. As mentioned, it's one of the best bangs for the buck on the market. With practice, thumbing the discrimination will give you nearly as much info as an ID machine. I do it all the time with several other Tesroro models. Even thought it's not a multi-toned machine you'll learn subtle differences in the single tone that help you decide it's trash or not.HH
Bill

I agree with Bill.
I've detecting with this machine for about three years now and love it. It's the ONLY machine I need. I actually own THREE of them, in case someone else wants to detect with me. They are super easy to use, yet find all the good stuff just like a high dollar machine. You will get to know the subtle tones as Bill mentioned, and be able to figure out what the target is in most cases. I hunt with mine set on "foil" with the sens cranked up to about 10 most times. I was missing so many targets (nickels, old buttons, etc.) when I used to hunt with it set on "tabs".
Some of the other great things about this machine are it's light weight, one 9-volt battery, and lifetime warranty.
Two of my Silver Umax's have 9 x 8 coils, and one (brand new in the box) is stock. I love the 9 x 8 coil and the depth I get from it. I've never tried the 10 x 12 that others use, just because I felt it may be too large in trashy areas, but that's just me.
Good luck with you Umax. You don't need anything else. I have the relics to prove it. ;D :wink: :thumbsup:
-MM-

SkiWhiz

Aug 6, 2006
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre
You will love it, it is a fantastic detector. I usually had the disc. set to just knock out a small nail and used it in all metal & when I got a beep I would click it in disc. mode to see if it still beeped. Steve.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Hello ModernMiner:

Did you mean sensitivity at 10 or discrimination at 10?

I'm trying to get info on the SilverUmax as a friend has a new one for sale Thinking about
taking it off his hands next time he comes through.

lastleg

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
Hello ModernMiner:

Did you mean sensitivity at 10 or discrimination at 10?

I'm trying to get info on the SilverUmax as a friend has a new one for sale Thinking about
taking it off his hands next time he comes through.

lastleg

Sorry Lastleg.
Yes, I meant the sensitivity. My wife was screaming at me to come eat dinner, and the pressure was on since I type with one finger. ;D :wink:
Good luck. You will love the Silver Umax if you get it.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread