Tesoro Tejon Issue

BobCat69

Feb 26, 2020
TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since Tesoro is now out of business my Tejon decided to start acting up. When I try to ground balance or air balance and turn on the THRESHOLD the machine become unstable and squeals and changes volume when moved. Tried a couple of locations (for interference) and tried turning down the sensitivity but to no avail. Any suggestion or do you know anyone that services all brands of detectors that might work on Tesoro's.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the coil cover off and make sure coil is clean, Take coil connector off and make sure connector is not corroded in any manner. Keep us posted and let us know

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Tesoro is now out of business my Tejon decided to start acting up. When I try to ground balance or air balance and turn on the THRESHOLD the machine become unstable and squeals and changes volume when moved. Tried a couple of locations (for interference) and tried turning down the sensitivity but to no avail. Any suggestion or do you know anyone that services all brands of detectors that might work on Tesoro's.

Gare is 100% correct,.........

Check what you can check A to Z,.......

Then look inside, it's possible that something obvious will show it's self.

Loose wire at the machine side of the connector,.... etc.

Fresh batteries, see nothing obvious, try different coil,.... nothing helps,.......

Send it to Pentechnic,.... they are in business since 1972.

Want a mod done?

That is the time to speak up,.... they are experts at it.

There is more talent there than anywhere else in the world when it comes to this subject.

SanMan

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was supposed to be Coil Cover sorry !!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obcat69: Did you try what we suggested ? How about a update >

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread