Tesoro Tejon Settings - How Do You Usually Run Yours?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Tejon and like it a lot, but it doesn't get much use because I keep grabbing my modded Cibola.

Just yesterday, I was detecting a site with the Tejon that I've hit several times before with other detectors and was finding some good targets, mostly nickels. That sucker loves nickels and will hit the deep ones.

A jogger came by and I struck up a conversation with him and he told me that I could detect his front yard that was just down the street. Without hesitation, I loaded up, drove down the street, parked in front of his house and pulled out my modded Cibola.

I'm never going to learn how best to use the Tejon if I keep pulling out my modded Cibola. Maybe I should leave it at home.

I ended up finding several wheat pennies, a 1953 Mercury Dime and some modern coins.

I need some motivation to make me want to pull out the Tejon instead of the my modded Cibola.

Also what's your favorite search coil for the Tejon?

tabman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Gratz on your silver! I'm curious to hear about Tejon settings as well as I should have mine in 2 days!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolute, most import, most critical thing with the Tejon is GROUND BALANCE. It is SO sensitive, that proper ground balance with a minute + or - becomes critical to depth and audible target signals. Ground balancing will take some practice whether you are an experienced Tesoro user or a novice.

http://metaldetectings.com/e107_files/public/tesoro_tejon_tips_ii.pdf

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm finding that I like the VCO audio tone setting the best. It's sounds and acts more like my Vaquero and Cibola when I'm using that setting. Also in VCO, the all metal pinpoint gives me more information as for as size and depth.

I've been doing some testing with the Tejon with coins laid amongst nails and it just excels at picking out the coins from the nails. It has a lighting fast recovery speed.

tabman

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Tejon and I am still trying to figure out the ground balancing thing. It is hard for me right now but I will keep at it.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rock 22 , that ground balance works great but is very touchy even for a seasoned veteran metal detector user. Find the " sweet spot " on the ground balance and when you have to adjust , adjust ever so slightly barely moving the knob

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolute, most import, most critical thing with the Tejon is GROUND BALANCE. It is SO sensitive, that proper ground balance with a minute + or - becomes critical to depth and audible target signals. Ground balancing will take some practice whether you are an experienced Tesoro user or a novice.

http://metaldetectings.com/e107_files/public/tesoro_tejon_tips_ii.pdf

This was my bible for the machine. I haven't used it in a year or two but that does not mean that I don't like and appreciate the machine. I just find that I like to use it for relics in the rich black soil north of here. I've taken it out a few times to scratch up some deep coins/relics around here in places that were pounded six ways to Sunday for years.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://metaldetectings.com/e107_files/public/tesoro_tejon_tips_ii.pdf is a nice start. Also read the ebook. Tejon book.PNG available from Amazon.com

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ten turn would have been nice,if you bumped it,it wouldn't be outta wack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread