Which Tesoro should I choose

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are you detecting for?

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Purchase a Vaquero or an Outlaw. Use the money you save to purchase everything else you'll need like a good shovel, kneepads, pinpointer, etc.

OP
OP
T

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
I already have a whites v3i just want to try a tesoro I hunt for old cois and relics

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then get the Vaquero, and you'll never use the V3i again..

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own and use 6 different Tesoros. My hunting buddy and I primarily hunt old homesteads in highly mineralized ground. The 4 machines we take with us are the Deus, Vaquero, Tejon, and micromax Eldorado. The Deus is always the first to come out but after a few hours of all the chatter in these square nail/flakes of tin sites I need a break and want to quiet it down the first to come out is the Vaquero. The Vaquero is the best all around Tesoro IMO. It seems to handle highly mineralized ground and be just as deep as the Tejon.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that I really love my Tesoro Vaquero and modded Cibola. It just amazing me how Tesoro can put so much punch into such a small light package.

tabman

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again, you just CAN'T go wrong with a Tesoro. :laughing7:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a vaquero for 225$ used of course is this a good deal

That's a steal! The Vaquero will hold its own or beat detectors costing 5 times that amount and it won't make your arm fall off.

This video comes to mind:

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with everyone here, get that Vaquero for 225. Just understand that once you get it and start using it and see what its capable of like Terry said, that V3i might end up in the corner collecting dust. The only machine I own or have used that is comparable to the Vaquero or tesoros in general is the Deus for my type of hunting which is old mountain homesteads, mining areas etc. The Vaquero with the 5.75 concentric really shines in this environment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread