Tesoro Tiger Shark Question about the ULF Discriminator

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an older Tiger Shark with the interchangable coils and I noticed the sticker on my detector says "microprocessor controlled ULF Discriminator" and on the newer ones it says "microprocessor controlled VLF Discriminator". The only difference I know between the two are that VLF operates between 3khz to 30khz range and ULF operates between 300hz to 3 khz range. I guess I want to know was there an advantage to switching to Very Low Frequency from Ultra Low Frequency. I know it's kind of a technical quesion but I'm curious as to why the switch.

HH
John

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the real dope, call Rusty Henry at 928-771-2646

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I too have one of the older TIGER SHARK's but I have.to such sticker. Maybe a call to Tesero is called for.

Sorry Terry. You posted first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give him a call. Not sure if I want to bother the guy just because I'm being curious. I'm sure he probably has better things to do. I figured maybe someone on here would know.
HH
John

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro and Rusty are Famous for their customer service. Rusty enjoys answering your questions. Let us know what he says!

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I too have one of the older TIGER SHARK's but I have.to such sticker. Maybe a call to Tesero is called for.

Sorry Terry. You posted first.
Thanks maybe I will give him a call because it's peaked my curiosity now. I believe I've even seen an older one with the interchangable coils that had the VLF on the sticker instead of the ULF also.
HH
John

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro and Rusty are Famous for their customer service. Rusty enjoys answering your questions. Let us know what he says!
Will do. Thanks again.
HH
John

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave Mr. Henry a call today (nice guy) and told him about the ULF on the sticker. He seemed perplexed and told me all the Tiger Sharks were VLF and also said it on the sticker so I e-mailed him a photo of my detector so he could see the stcker. I was e-mailed back and told that it must be a typo although Mr. Henry didn't think it was when I talked to him on the phone because they run off large quantities of these stickers so there would be more than just one misprint. They asked me for the serial no. and said they would get back to me on how early of a model I have.
HH
John

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the update!

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an older Tiger Shark with the interchangable coils and I noticed the sticker on my detector says "microprocessor controlled ULF Discriminator" and on the newer ones it says "microprocessor controlled VLF Discriminator". The only difference I know between the two are that VLF operates between 3khz to 30khz range and ULF operates between 300hz to 3 khz range. I guess I want to know was there an advantage to switching to Very Low Frequency from Ultra Low Frequency. I know it's kind of a technical quesion but I'm curious as to why the switch.

HH
John
The guys, and girls at tesoro have helped me alot. Great company, with great customer service.
Terry, and Sandman are spot on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread